Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I covered my Ascent in a lot of mud while off-roading today at AOAA. Videos to come.

The Ascent is truly a beast.

:) Oh, and I broke 44,000 miles today. :)

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am jealous of your ability to find places to go and have fun like this. You need to come down to Houston and show me how you do it.
This coming year, I hope to off road in Big Bend National Park. I will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Man if I were still on the Island we can hook up for some shoots and mild off-roading.Never owned a capable vehicle of this caliber so it would definitely be a fun adventure having never done so.I was closer to Robert Moses(the other end) but it’s all basically the same body of water and beaches shared.

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, here you can hear our wonderful Honeywell/Garrett MGT22 turbo blowing off some pressure each time I let off the gas. I made it work on this trip!!!

This was a really steep, really rutted, really rocky incline.

(VR360 view)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Big bend NP is amazing. I'm taking our Ascent there in January and again in March. Think it will do great on all roads there except Black Gap Road. Traded a 4Runner(did take it down Black Gap) in for the Ascent. The Washouts and Approach/Departure/breakover angles are a little much for the Ascent.
Excited to see what you think about BBNP.
If you really want a challenge you could try Big Bend State Park Ranch. Haven't offloaded there yet but plan to look around a little in January(unfortunately, I have to wear out the stock tires before I can put AT's on it)

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are the sand dunes I drive through the most. The trail on the left side of the image/map has a decent sand climb in the softest sand on that part of the beach. It's where all but the big lifted vehicles avoid (and me & my Subaru).

The tiny black spots on the bottom left are SUVs and 4x4's, to give you an idea of scale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts