Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First long road trip today in new 2020 Ascent. Several times during the trip, the system beeped at me and "Off" displayed on the I/set screen (or whatever it's called), before changing back to the posted speed limit/digital current speed. Anyone know what this is or why something is turning off momentarily? I'm guessing it is either ACC (cruise enabled, but not in use), lane keep assist, or lane departure. Just not sure why any of them would be randomly turning off. Thanks for any insight--

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One other note...I’m pretty sure at least two times it happened, we were driving over some rough pavement. So like sensors were shaken up or something. Can’t recall if this was the case every time though. Normal behavior?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
First long road trip today in new 2020 Ascent. Several times during the trip, the system beeped at me and "Off" displayed on the I/set screen (or whatever it's called), before changing back to the posted speed limit/digital current speed. Anyone know what this is or why something is turning off momentarily? I'm guessing it is either ACC (cruise enabled, but not in use), lane keep assist, or lane departure. Just not sure why any of them would be randomly turning off. Thanks for any insight--
Lane Keep Assist will beep and display an Off message when it has lost sight of the Lane markers on both sides. It doesn't beep if only one is lost.

The Lane markers in the Combination Meter will be dimmed when this happens.

You can reduce the volume of the beep to make it less annoying or turn off LKA. I've gotten used to it and hardly notice it now.

Reactions: scipio11111
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.