Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ours Seems Fine

The steering wheel on our Ascent (bought Tuesday) seems centered like it should be. The off-center look of the wheel could be a perspective effect from using a very wide-angle lens. The frame seems to be centered on the left portion of the center Subaru medallion.

·
Registered
685 Posts
The steering wheel on our Ascent (bought Tuesday) seems centered like it should be.
I mean, otherwise there are going to be a lot of shoulder cramps out there. Or, you will have to do the "Arkansas Lean". That's the heavy, low, elbow slump on the console the ******** like to do.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I test drove one last night and did not notice anything that indicated the wheel was not centered. Although I was a bit high due to actually getting to drive one so I might have been not focused on that.

LOL Seriously though nothing seemed off.

Reactions: FoRealz

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Hmm.... that's interesting. It would be good to confirm.

For what it's worth, that photo, in relation to the gauge cluster, is not framed to be centered along the sight line. I don't know if that matters

·
Registered
965 Posts
I noticed this picture from a review which was mostly favorable but brought up this issue. It’s the first time I hear about it. Has anyone else noticed?

Subaru Ascent 2019: un nouveau joueur qui mérite sa place | JDM (French)
It's not off center. Look at the top middle curve on the steering wheel. That's NOT centered on the middle of the gauge cluster. So the camera wasn't placed in center for the picture - probably was just over the drivers left shoulder. Perspective is everything - that's how a cruise ship can make your cabin look palatial in size, when it's basically the size of your at home bathroom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just to be clear, this is not an observation that I am making from the picture. The reviewer made this claim and produced the picture as proof.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I test drove a Touring this past weekend and it didn't seem odd to me. I do own a classic Mini and they are noticeably off center from the seat towards center. I don't care for it, but since the Mini is so great to drive, I over look it:grin:

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
Just to be clear, this is not an observation that I am making from the picture. The reviewer made this claim and produced the picture as proof.
I'm pretty sure that you don't need to worry about your association with the observation.

Someone should just tell the reviewer to stop leaning to the left while driving/sitting in the drivers seat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts