Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, already have a hitch installed, but looking to self install the Ascent OEM replacement wiring harness

After watching OEM hitch installment videos, I’m confused on step 4 and 5 in the wiring harness instruction page (see image), because, unless I missed something, I dont see them connect the black wire to the cars battery…

Font Material property Handwriting Publication Paper
Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Wood

·
Administrator
10,955 Posts
I would order the OEM harness connectors from the dealership - they can get it as a repair part. I wouldn't splice those harnesses in the car with some aftermarket kit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, already have a hitch installed, but looking to self install the Ascent OEM replacement wiring harness

After watching OEM hitch installment videos, I’m confused on step 4 and 5 in the wiring harness instruction page (see image), because, unless I missed something, I dont see them connect the black wire to the cars battery…

View attachment 13889 View attachment 13890

View attachment 13889 View attachment 13890
OEM is plug and play. No splicing is required. It appears to be a much better quality than aftermarket options and has a protective plastic sleeve I also suggest OEM wiring harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts