Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Digging around I found this:
Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto found on XDA Labs | OBD2 for AA. Has anyone ever attempted to load this? Seems like the developer is on top of it with bug fixes.
Interested in response. Would love to have my OBD display on the head unit.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,256 Posts
Yes, I've used that for Android Auto, but it forces you to choose between the XDA "bridge" or normal Android Auto when you connect the phone (or at least it did for me at the time). After installing it, I also had buggy Pandora streaming (audio cut-outs). I uninstalled it and everything's back to normal. I just have my phone in a mount that sticks to one of the HVAC vents if I want to do the ODB stuff...it seems like a better solution.

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
Yes, I've used that for Android Auto, but it forces you to choose between the XDA "bridge" or normal Android Auto when you connect the phone (or at least it did for me at the time). After installing it, I also had buggy Pandora streaming (audio cut-outs). I uninstalled it and everything's back to normal. I just have my phone in a mount that sticks to one of the HVAC vents if I want to do the ODB stuff...it seems like a better solution.
What model phone?

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm finding that Android Auto hasn't added an OBD program to it's lineup due to distracting the driver. They've stuck to music and maps. I suspect that they may not want to be involved in a distracted driver civil suit.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
I'm finding that Android Auto hasn't added an OBD program to it's lineup due to distracting the driver. They've stuck to music and maps. I suspect that they may not want to be involved in a distracted driver civil suit.
Same reason iOS doesn’t do it with CarPlay without jailbreaking

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.