Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by a NJ dealer and was quoted $570/month with $2k down on a Limited/7passenger with Tech package based off VIP pricing.

Thought the monthly seemed a bit high and was told it was .00225/64% when asked. Plus the MSRP seems a bit inflated too no?

Thoughts anyone?

Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Number

Thoughts?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Stopped by a NJ dealer and was quoted $570/month with $2k down on a Limited/7passenger with Tech package based off VIP pricing.

Thought the monthly seemed a bit high and was told it was .00225/64% when asked. Plus the MSRP seems a bit inflated too no?

Thoughts anyone?

View attachment 2429

Thoughts?
Do you have a picture of the window sticker? That will show you the MSRP. If the accessories you are adding are Genuine Subaru accessories you can add those to the MSRP to bring your residual up.

·
Registered
764 Posts
They are charging you Tier 4 Money factor (interest rate) and the Vehicle Theft Protection and Nitro fill are ridiculous ways for dealers to profit off you. They should waive them if you throw a big enough huff about it.

Here is what a tier 1 lease should look like. They are using the same software so they should be able to make it look like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a picture of the window sticker? That will show you the MSRP. If the accessories you are adding are Genuine Subaru accessories you can add those to the MSRP to bring your residual up.
They didn't have the color/package I want in the showroom so the car was not there.

They are charging you Tier 4 Money factor (interest rate) and the Vehicle Theft Protection and Nitro fill are ridiculous ways for dealers to profit off you. They should waive them if you throw a big enough huff about it.

Here is what a tier 1 lease should look like. They are using the same software so they should be able to make it look like this.
Yea, I thought the VTP and Nitro Fill were ridiculous too. My sales rep was trying to make nitrogen for tires sound amazing. I personally think they marked those up because of the VIP pricing. (It's like a game of whack-a-mole...)

My current score is 806 so I think it should be tier 1. I really appreciate you sharing your screenshot! Do you think I can leverage your image in my negotiations?

·
Registered
764 Posts
They didn't have the color/package I want in the showroom so the car was not there.

Yea, I thought the VTP and Nitro Fill were ridiculous too. My sales rep was trying to make nitrogen for tires sound amazing. I personally think they marked those up because of the VIP pricing. (It's like a game of whack-a-mole...)

My current score is 806 so I think it should be tier 1. I really appreciate you sharing your screenshot! Do you think I can leverage your image in my negotiations?

It couldn't hurt :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts