Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pre-ordered a touring back in May and have been told late June/early July for delivery. Well since that has passed, i got an update from my dealer last week that Subaru underestimated how many touring models would sell and the manufacturer they are using for the 20 in rims is having a hard time keeping up thus causing a delay in delivery. I’m now being told August. Has anyone else heard this??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Local dealer had no idea if that was true or not...but my preorder got pushed back and now just states the month of August. Last time I was in they had an ETA of July 20th. I ordered a touring so if this is true it would make sense.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I pre-order a blue touring in Mar and received an e-mail last night that my new ETA was 31 July. Still no VIN, but I think I'm going to call SOA later on this afternoon to see WTF.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I pre-ordered a touring back in May and have been told late June/early July for delivery. Well since that has passed, i got an update from my dealer last week that Subaru underestimated how many touring models would sell and the manufacturer they are using for the 20 in rims is having a hard time keeping up thus causing a delay in delivery. I’m now being told August. Has anyone else heard this??

This is completely false. Unless your dealer rep has a friend that works at the factory, Subaru would never disclose this type of info on the dealer level. If we try to find any factory related info the answer is always, "just be patient. It will get there."

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just called Subaru and was told month of Aug...gave them an ear full. They gave me a case number. We will see what happens. Regardless I preordered in Mar, still no VIN...and now my date has been pushed to Aug on a July delivery. Not happy.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just called Subaru and was told month of Aug...gave them an ear full. They gave me a case number. We will see what happens. Regardless I preordered in Mar, still no VIN...and now my date has been pushed to Aug on a July delivery. Not happy.

I'm not too surprised with a March order and August ETA. I ordered in February and got mine in July. Yelling at people doesn't get you anything, it just makes you look bad. Treat people like you want to be treated. Its called an ETA for a reason... .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not too surprised with a March order and August ETA. I ordered in February and got mine in July. Yelling at people doesn't get you anything, it just makes you look bad. Treat people like you want to be treated. Its called an ETA for a reason... .
It doesn't matter when you ordered it if the dealer still had allocation for that month. I ordered mine in March as well with an ETA of mid July which has now been pushed to mid August with no explanation or anything. I would really like some transparency in the progress as you push the ETA by an entire month from one day to the next.

·
Registered
646 Posts
This is completely false. Unless your dealer rep has a friend that works at the factory, Subaru would never disclose this type of info on the dealer level. If we try to find any factory related info the answer is always, "just be patient. It will get there."
I heard they were adding rotated 20Gs and a FMIC to the August deliveries. 450hp to the wheels.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It may take the show of a little emotion to let Subaru know people are not happy with the pushback of ETA’s and the general lack of information...If no one says anything they may just proceed along as if everything is just fine & dandy.....When it definitely is not....

·
Registered
764 Posts
It doesn't matter when you ordered it if the dealer still had allocation for that month. I ordered mine in March as well with an ETA of mid July which has now been pushed to mid August with no explanation or anything. I would really like some transparency in the progress as you push the ETA by an entire month from one day to the next.

I am well aware of how the order process works... Who told you "Mid July" I've probably ordered over 200 cars for customers and every single one of them says "End of Month." I just ordered the first Ascent of our November allocation and it said "End of November" eta. If it was a salesman that told you it was "mid" July then I'm sorry, it was just him saying things he shouldn't.

Regardless, an ETA is an ETA. I've seen them bounce around back and forth. Just be patient, when it arrives it will all be worth it :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am well aware of how the order process works... Who told you "Mid July" I've probably ordered over 200 cars for customers and every single one of them says "End of Month." I just ordered the first Ascent of our November allocation and it said "End of November" eta. If it was a salesman that told you it was "mid" July then I'm sorry, it was just him saying things he shouldn't.

Regardless, an ETA is an ETA. I've seen them bounce around back and forth. Just be patient, when it arrives it will all be worth it :)
Both SOA and my salesperson had said mid July with SOA giving me an exact ETA date of July 17th. My dealer had told me on July 3rd that my car appeared to be on a train. Call SOA on July 16 who say car now has an ETA of mid August and called my salesperson to see if he showed any different information and he said mid August as well.

With your intimate knowledge of the process and the information I am getting from both SOA and my salesperson I am really confused and have very little confidence in any information I get.

Its all really a shot in the dark and just aggravating like many have stated putting in a pre order months before the cars release to have to sit and wait while dealers have cars on the lots being sold.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Both SOA and my salesperson had said mid July with SOA giving me an exact ETA date of July 17th. My dealer had told me on July 3rd that my car appeared to be on a train. Call SOA on July 16 who say car now has an ETA of mid August and called my salesperson to see if he showed any different information and he said mid August as well.

With your intimate knowledge of the process and the information I am getting from both SOA and my salesperson I am really confused and have very little confidence in any information I get.

Its all really a shot in the dark and just aggravating like many have stated putting in a pre order months before the cars release to have to sit and wait while dealers have cars on the lots being sold.

Sounds like you should just sit tight and have the sales rep give you a call when it arrives on their lot :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Working in a manufacturing business, I find some of these conversations interesting. If you look around the threads a lot of threads currently would fall into one of these categories:
1: Why is it taking so long to get my car? Why has my ETA Changed?
2: I am having problems with my car? Why can't they fix it faster?

I have been through several new product development, product testing and product release cycles in my career. The worst thing we ever did was release a product that we thought was ready but didn't put enough verification into. We felt the market was ready and released it. We ended up recalling 500 systems for updates that we would have found if we would have waited 1 more month of testing/verification.

I really think that everyone needs to be patient. Maybe the reason that the releases are being delayed is that with some of the issues that are coming up, maybe they are adjusting their processes, QC...to minimize the issues after sale. Things tend to pop up in the real world that would not have gotten caught by the test mules. You go from having a small group of people working with the test mules and then you release some Ascents into the real world and some people perform a task different than the test mule engineers and end up finding/causing a software glitch. It seems a lot of the challenges people are being faced with are minor but still inconvenient.

Honestly, I know you all want your car, but maybe you should be thankful that things are being delayed. Maybe driving your current car for another few weeks may save you a bunch of trips to the dealer and headaches with your brand new Ascent. I truly believe that Subaru, like most manufacturers, want to put the best product they can into the hands of the consumer. This delay may be allowing them to do that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.