Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after three weeks of functioning well, this morning the head unit has forgotten my pixel 5 ever existed.

Pop up- no device. Pop up- do you want to add a device? Pop up- you cannot add a device while moving.
Settings - no devices listed. Not even my old phone.

Once again a distraction. While I'm trying to drive.

Do others experience this sort of thing?!

I love driving the Ascent but I really miss the OnStar system. It did a number of useful things the Subar can't. And it worked all of the time.

·
Administrator
10,404 Posts
Hi, what year Ascent, and what firmware version is in the head unit?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2020 , Rel_UA.20.38.70

Phone has reappeared on its own. No action was taken except walking away from the car for 9 hours.

·
Registered
553 Posts
2020 , Rel_UA.20.38.70

Phone has reappeared on its own. No action was taken except walking away from the car for 9 hours.
My Pixel 5 does that periodically and I can't get it to "add" after deleting and adding again. Even after adding it again and showing as active, it is not. I found that if I just give up - it magically appears later that day or the next - after vehicle has been turned off. I never had that problem with Pixel 4 or Pixel 2.

·
Administrator
10,404 Posts
2020 , Rel_UA.20.38.70

There's an update that may help - supposedly improves connectivity for Android, as well as somewhat addresses that bluetooth issue (there's a rumor that a future update will do an even better job). Your current version supports OTA updating, if you have a strong enough wifi signal to connect to.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Pixel 5 does that periodically and I can't get it to "add" after deleting and adding again. Even after adding it again and showing as active, it is not. I found that if I just give up - it magically appears later that day or the next - after vehicle has been turned off. I never had that problem with Pixel 4 or Pixel 2.
Thank you! My old phone is still around and gets turned on occasionally. It's probably within Bluetooth range and certainly on the same wifi. Is your old phone still in use?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's an update that may help - supposedly improves connectivity for Android, as well as somewhat addresses that bluetooth issue (there's a rumor that a future update will do an even better job). Your current version supports OTA updating, if you have a strong enough wifi signal to connect to.
Yes I do OTA updates. It's set to automatic update but perhaps it doesn't. Or perhaps it tries in the morning while I'm pulling out. Or maybe I need to enable the connection to wifi and wait. We'll see tomorrow.
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts