Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and couldn't find anything really to my question so I'm hoping someone can help shed light on this noise. Earlier while working on another thing on the Ascent I noticed that there's a loud chattering noise with light squealing, I pinpoint it to when the AC is on. I'm not sure to make if it since I haven't experienced this before. I didn't notice this noise before either.

Has anyone experienced this? I know I need to go to the dealer to get my rotors looked at so I can ask then but I don't feel like this is normal at all.

Adding video example ..

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I did a search and couldn't find anything really to my question so I'm hoping someone can help shed light on this noise. Earlier while working on another thing on the Ascent I noticed that there's a loud chattering noise with light squealing, I pinpoint it to when the AC is on. I'm not sure to make if it since I haven't experienced this before. I didn't notice this noise before either.

Has anyone experienced this? I know I need to go to the dealer to get my rotors looked at so I can ask then but I don't feel like this is normal at all.

Adding video example ..
take a tube and move it close to where the noise is coming from without actually touching anything (the other end to your ear). You might be surprised at how well you can pinpoint the location. Take that information to the dealer.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adding nodes
take a tube and move it close to where the noise is coming from without actually touching anything (the other end to your ear). You might be surprised at how well you can pinpoint the location. Take that information to the dealer.
I have one of those listening tools for automotive, I just need to find it and then try to figure out where the noise might be coming from. But I believe it only comes on when the AC is on. I wonder if it's the compressor. But I will ask them to look at this issue when I take the car in to do brakes.I just need to video and document it just in case they said they can't hear it.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Adding nodes

I have one of those listening tools for automotive, I just need to find it and then try to figure out where the noise might be coming from. But I believe it only comes on when the AC is on. I wonder if it's the compressor. But I will ask them to look at this issue when I take the car in to do brakes.I just need to video and document it just in case they said they can't hear it.
might it be an unbalanced fan hitting the casing as it turns? Try changing the fan speed to see if there is any change in the sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts