Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone !

I'm a new owner of A Ascent, i buyed one just 3 weeks ago.

This morning ... surprise !

I can't hear anymore any soud , voice or music from any sources (radio, Sirius XM, Iphone, GPS).

Any idea what can cause it ? a audio fuse maybe ? But only after 3 weeks, it look bad for the futur...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi everyone !

I can't hear anymore any soud , voice or music from any sources (radio, Sirius XM, Iphone, GPS).

Any idea what can cause it ? a audio fuse maybe ? But only after 3 weeks, it look bad for the futur...
That sucks.. hopefully it is something as simple as a fuse... try fuse 4 it is 15A. If not then time to call dealer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi everyone !

There is an option to factory reset your radio. Try it before getting too crazy.

I had an issue where my Android Auto read out a text message, but didn't "end" reading out the message and return to whatever was playing. I also had no sound, even when the vehicle was turned off and on. There is an option to reset the radio, which fixed my issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had this issue this morning. I was stuck in traffic, turned off then on the automobile, still nothing. Got to work and shut down the vehicle for a few hours . Tested over lunch, audio is back on. A peer of mine (who has an Impreza) had a similar issue, longer restart fixed their problem (shutting off car). :shrugs:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just started getting this. I was using Android auto for navigation while listening to Pandora. The voice prompt in Maps piped up over the front speakers to read an alert while the music continued playing on the rear speakers. However, once the announcement was over the audio never started playing again on the front speakers. If I used the volume knob I could see the maps icon as the source being raised/lowered. No combination of unplugging the phone, changing audio sources or turning on of the car brought the front speakers back. I was able to fix it by rebooting the radio by holding the radio power button down for about 15-20 seconds.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It also happened when I received a call while listening to Spotify using Android Auto. Twiddling the volume knob showed the phone audio being changed, but no sound. I don't think Android Auto was the problem because I unplugged the phone and turned the car completely off and on at a red light. This forum leads me to believe the head unit software is buggy.

·
Registered
646 Posts
@MrChicken
I've had a couple similar weird issues. Using Amazon music I asked alexa to shuffle something and then the music started playing from the overhead phone speakers. So weird. Had to kill the app and unplug my phone to get it working again.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I had it one day where nothing but static came out of the speakers. Thought the headunit was dead. After I shut off the car and it sat for a while it started back up and played just fine. No issues since.

But these things are computers these days and sometimes freeze up and just need an old-fashioned reboot!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yup, holding the radio power/volume button for 20 seconds reboot the head unit is the only surefire workaround I've found to fix the symptoms. This needs a radio firmware update from Subaru.
Thanks, this saved my sanity. I even took a video of it before I found your post because I thought I was going to have to call my dealer or go in for warranty repair or something awful like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Another workaround....If you hit the Assistant mic icon in Maps, then tap the "listening" popup to make it go away without speaking then the sounds comes back. It won't work if you're in the music app, but if you are in the Google Maps view it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That sucks.. hopefully it is something as simple as a fuse... try fuse 4 it is 15A. If not then time to call dealer.
Interesting. Our 2019 Ascent Limited radio quit tonight at a traffic light. All the visuals worked fine, but no sound on any satellite, FM or Blue tooth. Like a giant mute button was pressed! It all came back on after it sat for 1/2 hour and worked fine since. Still a mystery though.It was cold out, maybe -10 degrees Celsius.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Ascent radio issues

Bought one of the first Ascents earlier this year and as time went on the travel link only partially works and car play works only part of the time. Does anybody know a fix for this or has anybody else ran into this problem? Radios in the Subaru’s are not a Subaru item so therefore cannot be fixed by the dealer. Travel link no longer allows for favorite sports teams to be saved and screen appears to be blank when you go to check for any sports teams. Might there also be issues with the USB ports within the car? Vehicle itself does run great as expected of Subaru vehicle quality but when it comes to radios and other technology within the car as of lately I believe Subaru has dropped the ball.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem today on my Acent Touring that I have had for six months. Took it to the dealer and found they have s service bulletin on this issue. They performed a capacitive discharge on the vehicle. The head now functions. Found software version out of date and updated the unit to current version. So it is a glitch in the old software and the update should stop this problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the same problem today on my Acent Touring that I have had for six months. Took it to the dealer and found they have s service bulletin on this issue. They performed a capacitive discharge on the vehicle. The head now functions. Found software version out of date and updated the unit to current version. So it is a glitch in the old software and the update should stop this problem.
I've had this problem twice. It starts playing after sitting for a while, but it is annoying. I guess I can take this information into the dealer and see what they can do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had this issue this morning. I was stuck in traffic, turned off then on the automobile, still nothing. Got to work and shut down the vehicle for a few hours . Tested over lunch, audio is back on. A peer of mine (who has an Impreza) had a similar issue, longer restart fixed their problem (shutting off car). :shrugs:
Similar experience. Lost sound after a hard stop to avoid a kid on a bike one morning. Tried turning the radio on and off, turning the vehicle on and off, turning the vehicle off and opening/closing the door then restarting. Nothing. Came back at lunch....all is well again.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts