Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago the sound cut out on our Ascent Touring. We purchased the vehicle in December. For those of you who don’t know this trick, you can “reboot” the system by holding down the power/volume button for a minimum of seven seconds until the Subaru screen appears. This worked a few weeks ago, but it didn’t work this time. After reading a post on an online forum, I called the dealership to take it in. Turns out its a known issue with the amplifier. They are going to replace it next week.

·
Registered
590 Posts
A few days ago the sound cut out on our Ascent Touring. We purchased the vehicle in December. For those of you who don’t know this trick, you can “reboot” the system by holding down the power/volume button for a minimum of seven seconds until the Subaru screen appears. This worked a few weeks ago, but it didn’t work this time. After reading a post on an online forum, I called the dealership to take it in. Turns out its a known issue with the amplifier. They are going to replace it next week.
I’m having the same issue. They have had my car since last Wednesday. Will update when I know what fixes ours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My entire audio goes out, at a certain place on my commute into town. This has been happening, intermittently since I bought the car in late May. It happens in the exact same spot, each time, on my rural drive. I am thinking I hit a cell tower or something else with a frequency (it's across a lake from a tiny mountain village.) It seems to ONLY happen when I have a text pending, which is quite infrequent.

The dealership has a new radio for me, just heard from them. It's been seen three times and all that has happened is a software update. (hours of dealing with dealership ugh)
We've isolated to my phone as a trigger, we think. I drove in on airplane mode a few times after remote start and it did not happen.

I so hope this fixes the problem!
I need music as I drive to the snowboard mountain (in a semi-comatose state, lol it's so early!)
Anyone else have an iphone-connected issue with their audio??
Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts