Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this issue?
It's almost like the e-brake is on, but the hill assist feature is off and i can't hear the ebrake being applied. Thinking it's a trans issue:(

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,907 Posts
Sounds like a benefit to me rather than a problem...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also you have to give it more gas than you normally would to get it going

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
803 Posts
What you describe is exactly how AVH behaves. Are you sure it's turned off?

Reactions: Sigmonster

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I thought the same thing and it's off for sure and i tested the parking brake and it does work as it should. Maybe the parking brake is not returning fully??
Bringing it in to the shop today as whatever it is it's not good for the trans.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I still can't understand what you are trying to say. The car also has a hill assist feature.
I don't see how the transmission would be in play here. If it's slipping you will hear metal on metal grinding sounds.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure exactly whats in play yet....typically when i let off the brake the car moves forward slowly without applying any gas, but it doesn't move at all. I have to apply the gas pedal maybe 1/2" before the car moves and it seems like something in the trans is restricting the movement because the engines revs up slightly before it starts to move. No slipping just restriction
Almost like the parking brake is applying a little pressure but don't think that is the case because the rotors/rims are not hot when i check them after a long drive.

·
Registered
920 Posts
That is exactly how AVH behaves. Sometimes when it's on for me it feels "stuck" and then breaks loose and the car moves. Was really weird when pulling my trailer but also handy when there's a bit of a slope.

Reactions: Sigmonster

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'll third that this sounds exactly like the AVH. I've been using the AVH for a week now and have had it on the whole time. Check and see if you have a green AVH lit up to the right of your gauges. It is separate from hill assist.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Once the car is moving and you remove your foot from the accelerator does it continue to move? If so it is probably AVH as everyone has mentioned. If the car stops again it is probably something else and I would agree taking it in would be a good idea.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Sounds like the AVH - Apparition Vehicle Hold or Autonomous Vehicle Hold or Anonymous Vehicle Hold or Abnormal Vehicle hold or Aberration Vehicle Hold.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm bringing it in as turning on and off the AVH doesn't seem to be doing anything besides turn the indicator light on and off. What is weird is i swear i heard the e-brake being applied when I messed with AVH when i 1st got the car....i don't hear anything now, but the parking brake switch makes that noise.

Letting the dealer mess with it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It sounds like AVH but if AVH isn't activated (as the OP has mentioned) and it's still behaving that way...that's a problem. It could be a handful of issues from the parking brake to the trans - perhaps a bad relay to the AVH system. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
195 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but if it wasn’t the avh, perhaps an rpm thing. I haven’t experienced it in my Ascent yet, but in my Ridgeline I would creep forward if the engine was cold and revving high but not if it was idling lower.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.