Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Speedometer Automotive design Gauge Tachometer

Anyone else ever get this message with their keyless Ascent? In my pocket as it typically is, and got this alert today.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
I have seen this a couple of times, as recently as last week. Not sure what triggers it but I think it has something to do with a non standard shut down/door opening sequence. Seems like I was distracted and shut off the engine before going into Park, maybe opening the door in between.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes! I think it's when my wife gets to the Ascent first and unlocks with her key, I get in the drivers side and hit the start button, but the car thinks we're using her key. Then we finish driving, she leaves her purse somewhere hidden but with key in, and I shut down and get out of the drivers side with my key in my pocket.

Car is like, why'd you leave your key inside?

Not sure if your 2nd key is in the picture at all, but this confuses my Ascent.

F.S.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,857 Posts
Yes, every once in a blue moon, I've gotten that message while still sitting in the driver's seat. It goes away when I get out.

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
396 Posts
Yes! I think it's when my wife gets to the Ascent first and unlocks with her key, I get in the drivers side and hit the start button, but the car thinks we're using her key. Then we finish driving, she leaves her purse somewhere hidden but with key in, and I shut down and get out of the drivers side with my key in my pocket.

Car is like, why'd you leave your key inside?

Not sure if your 2nd key is in the picture at all, but this confuses my Ascent.

F.S.
Always happens to us too. My favorite part of this routine is when the fob won't lock the door because the other key is in the car.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
629 Posts
I have gotten this error with the vehicle on, sometimes even in gear, I have my key on me, and my wife gets into the car with her key on her.

So annoying. I have yet to figure out the pattern for when it happens, other than it is impossible to get it on video.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
214 Posts
It happens when I start the car and then get out of it and get back in it. It bothered me the first time or two it happened, but it doesn't interrupt any actual functioning of the vehicle, so I chuckle, put it in D and head out.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
629 Posts
It's lovely when it happens when you are around people and the car goes beeeeeeep

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Vehicle Speedometer Plant Odometer Car

If you turn the car off while in gear, you can get this alert after putting the car in gear. Seems like Subaru needs to work on their statement if/else loops.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts