Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The setup lets you select if you want a chime when you lock the car using the key fob. HOWEVER, if you manually lock the doors by pressing the lock button and closing the door, I do not get a chime like my wife's Forester.

It is reassuring to know you successfully locked your doors before leaving it. It is useless to check by pulling on the handle because the key fob is tucked away deep in your pocket or bag and it will open.

Has anyone succeeded in getting a chime when they lock the doors using the lock button instead of the key fob?

So far this is the ONLY thing I dislike about my new Ascent.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The setup lets you select if you want a chime when you lock the car using the key fob. HOWEVER, if you manually lock the doors by pressing the lock button and closing the door, I do not get a chime like my wife's Forester.

It is reassuring to know you successfully locked your doors before leaving it. It is useless to check by pulling on the handle because the key fob is tucked away deep in your pocket or bag and it will open.

Has anyone succeeded in getting a chime when they lock the doors using the lock button instead of the key fob?

So far this is the ONLY thing I dislike about my new Ascent.
I know you also get a chime and flashing lights if you touch the door handle to lock it - assuming you have a push to start. You can also then pull the handle to "test" it if you do it within so many seconds (30 seconds?). To lock from handle - just touch the 3 little hash marks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
... - assuming you have a push to start. You can also then pull the handle to "test" it if you do it within so many seconds (30 seconds?)...
I just tried it, and mine gives me a couple seconds when I can test that it's locked, otherwise a handle pull will unlock it.

Never knew I had even a couple seconds! I've been locking on faith, since I always have my key in my pocket when I leave the car and haven't taken the time to put the key somewhere and try to open a door. (Actually, not 100% true, since I have pulled on the rear doors after locking, and the car is definitely locked.)

Also, I get a chime when I lock using the outside door handle hash marks.

If it makes any difference, I have it set to unlock all doors on a handle pull, MY19 Touring with push button start. Beeps on.

F.S.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
Go into the menus on the steering wheel buttons and configure the beeps, etc, how you want.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 6 of 6 Posts