Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Ascent touring, purchased a month or so ago. Has 2,500 miles on it and the audio quit.
Tried holding the on/off button to reset - no luck. Tried unplugging the amp for a minute - no luck.
Took it to the dealership and they tried a firmware update- no luck.

To make matters worse, I can’t call the dealership service dept. directly. They send all their calls to a 3rd party answering service, and haven’t received a call back yet, 0 for three calls this week. Finally showed up at the service dept. first thing this morning and showed them the service bulletin. They said they were busy and couldn’t look at it without an appointment, but would take my information and someone would call me to make an appointment. Had to raise a stink to get them to get the firmware flashed. Didn’t work, now they want to replace the amp and head unit - when the parts become available....

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
I'd try a different dealership or call Subaru of America.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd try a different dealership or call Subaru of America.
A good suggestion, I might try somewhere else.

UPDATE. Tried pulling the 15A fuse under the hood and replacing it after a minute, as mentioned in some other threads on the forum. This has worked. Radio sound has been restored.
Still planning on letting the dealership replace the head unit and amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.