Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I’ve expressed concerns about QC based on what I’ve read in this forum (and I acknowledge that those concerns may not be entirely justified), I thought it only fair and appropriate to post this good review of the new 2020 Ascent. Perhaps this review will be helpful to others:
. He mentioned one of the new features—back seat alert—but not the folding side mirrors. I’m not sure but folding side mirrors may be a Touring exclusive feature.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
Did anyone else notice that there were 2 buttons on the bottom of the rear gate when it was open?

There was a second button beside the power close button. I only saw it for a second.

Any ideas as to what that is?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Like the new Forester and the new Outback the other button closes and locks all doors
That would be nice to have, but since I have an original 2019, I guess I'll just press the key fob lock button or walk to the driver's or front passenger's door and touch the bars on the handle. Such a rough life. :geek:

Reactions: Cactus99

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies, I'm not sure we are talking about the same button though, it's the new button to the left of the hatch close button.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
That would be nice to have, but since I have an original 2019, I guess I'll just press the key fob lock button or walk to the driver's or front passenger's door and touch the bars on the handle. Such a rough life. :geek:
Do you know that there is a lock button on the tailgate to the right of the hatch opening button?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Do you know that there is a lock button on the tailgate to the right of the hatch opening button?
Hmmm...well, no. Guess I could try to start using that one if it locks all the doors. I must have gotten tired of reading the Ascent encyclopedia, I mean, the owner's manual, before I got to that information. Thanks! :geek:

Reactions: GaryInMI
1 - 10 of 10 Posts