Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed there's an NFC logo in the middle of the head unit. Does anyone know what NFC functionality the ascent has?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did some more digging. Apparently the Crosstrek has this feature too. Found the following on CNET.com "The Crosstrek features an NFC chip embedded in the dashboard that can be used to quickly pair a smartphone to its Bluetooth system. Simply tap a compatible phone to the icon on the dashboard just below the StarLink screen and be instantly connected for hands-free calling and audio streaming. It's a feature most will only use a few times during ownership, but a nice touch."

·
Registered
598 Posts
Did some more digging. Apparently the Crosstrek has this feature too. Found the following on CNET.com "The Crosstrek features an NFC chip embedded in the dashboard that can be used to quickly pair a smartphone to its Bluetooth system. Simply tap a compatible phone to the icon on the dashboard just below the StarLink screen and be instantly connected for hands-free calling and audio streaming. It's a feature most will only use a few times during ownership, but a nice touch."
Can you use this to switch phones/profiles between users? That would be really convenient instead of digging through the settings menu each time I want to swap between my wife and my profiles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.