Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Ascent this summer and love it. This is my second Subaru and my first was a 2014 Outback. Really loving the Ascent so far. Very quick for a 4,500 lb. SUV. Looking to make it quicker with some of the available modifications out there so far. Looking forward to sharing the progress with the group.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
685 Posts
Here I go again. Always the wh*re.

With the lift, many Subaru Owners (across all models) notice a driveline vibration that can be a result of messing with the stock driveline angles. The CKE CVT transmission mount helps to dampen these vibrations. It also helps with some of driveline lash that can be felt under hard shift points or torque converter locking on unlocking at highway speeds.

The there are the CKE sway bar bushings. Just like when lifting trucks or Jeeps, when you go up, you raise the vehicle center of gravity. You have also added un-sprung weight with the larger shoes. Trucks and Jeep lift kit come with urethane bushings of a harder durometer than stock rubber for a reason. CKE SWBs come in 2 hardness, a 85a which is just like other typical poly. The 75a are a upgrade over stock, but not as stiff as what most people know when it comes to aftermarket bushings. I usually say that the 75s are best for those who will be soft-roading/off-roading there vehicle regularly. 85a provide the best street performance, or the best control for towing or heavy hauling.

You can contact me through PM or the email in my signature if you are interested further in CKE products.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here I go again. Always the wh*re.

With the lift, many Subaru Owners (across all models) notice a driveline vibration that can be a result of messing with the stock driveline angles. The CKE CVT transmission mount helps to dampen these vibrations. It also helps with some of driveline lash that can be felt under hard shift points or torque converter locking on unlocking at highway speeds.

The there are the CKE sway bar bushings. Just like when lifting trucks or Jeeps, when you go up, you raise the vehicle center of gravity. You have also added un-sprung weight with the larger shoes. Trucks and Jeep lift kit come with urethane bushings of a harder durometer than stock rubber for a reason. CKE SWBs come in 2 hardness, a 85a which is just like other typical poly. The 75a are a upgrade over stock, but not as stiff as what most people know when it comes to aftermarket bushings. I usually say that the 75s are best for those who will be soft-roading/off-roading there vehicle regularly. 85a provide the best street performance, or the best control for towing or heavy hauling.

You can contact me through PM or the email in my signature if you are interested further in CKE products.
I have a 2020 Ascent with the LP Aventure Lift and His transmission mounts and sway bar bushings. At 24,000 miles and no wobbling. Highly recommend his products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts