Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, the Ascent will be my first Subaru and I'm extremely happy about it. I have a few questions and would appreciate some feedbacks.

1. I ordered mine from the dealer last week, they said ETA of 8-10 weeks, anyone ordered from the factory and can give me an estimated time of when they got theirs?

Also want to say thank you to this forum as I was able to get VIP pricing, my deaer will not give me any discount from the MSRP.

2. I love the round blind spot mirror that I add onto the side mirrors. My question is, if I do have it on the side mirrors, will it hinder the blind spot sensor detection? I'm fairly short (under 5 ft) and the mirrors help me tremendously with blind spot and most importantly, parking.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
-I ordered mine (Limited w/ hitch) in late August and the arrival date is approximately in December, which is 12-16wks. Based on my observation, the statistic shows 6-8wks. The stat may not be accurate if they run into issues or having to issue TSB and notices.

-There is a hard barrier to overcome when negotiating for less than MSRP, new model or existing model. There's an art to it. Google how to negotiate on new cars will give you some insights. Car salesman are armed to defend their profit and every customer has the responsibility to fight back -- it's just the nature of the business. I noticed the online car sale medium is slightly friendly, simply because the communication are in writings.

-I don't think the blind spot sensor is in the mirror; it should be at the housing.

·
Registered
920 Posts
The blind spot sensors are actually in the rear of the vehicle. They do both the blind spot detection and the cross traffic while reversing detection.

The indicator light for showing you a car in your blind spot is on the inside of the mirror housing so a circle mirror won't affect that either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's good to hear, the first thing I usually do is put the circle blind spot mirror on a car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Shayla. I ordered my Premium on June 25th and was told it should arrive the middle to end of August. The dealerships I spoke with told me Subaru seemed to be building mostly Limiteds and Tourings to begin with before building Premiums or Base models, and from what I see of inventories, they were telling the truth. I received a call mine was in at the middle of September and picked it up on September 25th, 3 months to the day. As for the price, I first went to the dealership where I bought my OB but they told me they weren't dealing on the Ascents since it was brand new even though I was a Costco member. Then I went to a Costco program dealership where I was able to order the Ascent for just about invoice as per the program and save a couple thousand off MSRP, including getting the options for invoice because of the program.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's good to hear, the first thing I usually do is put the circle blind spot mirror on a car.
There is an optional part -- auto dimming side mirror with approach lights. I got the installed and found it useful. These though have a small led hidden under a Subaru logo on the mirror face. Right where you might put the small add on blind spot mirror.
If you prefer that add on over the approach light mirror, stick to the base side mirrors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.