Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
must have been really boring then! LOL
he just gave the specs bc his impressions are embargoed until monday morning. Full review and I assume more action packed review coming Monday morning at 9am (EST?)
I just can't hear about the 19 cup holders anymore.

Reactions: Burutoo

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The guy said the read view camera (for rear view mirror) is placed behind the wiper?
Can anyone confirm on that? I saw a video where Subaru Dom mentioned it was kinda placed on top of the rear window.
I'm sure he is not much aware of the vehicle details, but that's a touring model and I'm hoping the camera should be clearly visible from outside.

·
Registered
978 Posts
The guy said the read view camera (for rear view mirror) is placed behind the wiper?
Can anyone confirm on that? I saw a video where Subaru Dom mentioned it was kinda placed on top of the rear window.
I'm sure he is not much aware of the vehicle details, but that's a touring model and I'm hoping the camera should be clearly visible from outside.
Its behind the glass so the wiper cleans the view thats a sales / marketing thing vs most backup cameras are outside and get mucked up with road grime / snow etc.

·
Registered
598 Posts
i left them a comment about that on this video - the camera is just beneath the center brake light (on the interior). The wiper still cleans that far but its not set as low as he mentioned in the video.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i left them a comment about that on this video - the camera is just beneath the center brake light (on the interior). The wiper still cleans that far but its not set as low as he mentioned in the video.
Ok, I get it now. Thanks!
Wish my dealer gets the Ascent so that I could stop bugging you guys :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Love the color...wonder if anyone ordered the Magnetite Grey?:tango_face_wink:

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Love the color...wonder if anyone ordered the Magnetite Grey?:tango_face_wink:
I did. I love how sunsets look reflected off the dark greys, so, even though there are other colors I really like, it's my car color of choice.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Love the color...wonder if anyone ordered the Magnetite Grey?
We did. Replacing a silver Pilot, so didn't want silver again and black would just end up looking dirty all the time given our high mileage driving.
Own a White Pilot right now...and the Grey is on top of the list right now for the Ascent. I still need to see how the blue looks in person though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts