Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a new transmission installed on my 2019 Ascent with 11,000 miles. "Chain slip" detected while diagnosis performing recall WUV07. The issue was not detected on the first test. I had also complained of an unusual "bogging" of the transmission between 1st and 2nd "gear". On 2nd drive with another technician and a quality assurance person the chain slip was detected. Bogging was considered " normal".
Next up, be aware recall WUW-08 will be out January 24th. If PCV valve breaks and parts can not be found in oil pan, new engine!
Also, recall WUU06 is in effect, check it out.
Note: I stumbled on these recalls, not notified by Subaru as yet. To be notified?

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Note: I stumbled on these recalls, not notified by Subaru as yet. To be notified?
If you have completed them before notification is mailed (physical USPS mail), then you may not get notifications. You will not get a MySubaru notification until after the physical USPS mail is sent to you (federal regulations require your notification to be by physical mail - every other type of notification will come after that).

I emphasize "notification" above, because, us checking on the recalls page isn't a notification, so, it doesn't apply to that - and we can always check ourselves on the website (but not from inside of the app).

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm having a new transmission installed on my 2019 Ascent with 11,000 miles. "Chain slip" detected while diagnosis performing recall WUV07. The issue was not detected on the first test. I had also complained of an unusual "bogging" of the transmission between 1st and 2nd "gear". On 2nd drive with another technician and a quality assurance person the chain slip was detected. Bogging was considered " normal".
Next up, be aware recall WUW-08 will be out January 24th. If PCV valve breaks and parts can not be found in oil pan, new engine!
Also, recall WUU06 is in effect, check it out.
Same boat here with all three. The dealer told me that they have so many recalls on three models of vehicles they would have to get a rental loaner for me from Enterprise. Said it will likely be a Dodge Caravan......:p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.