Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hello There,
I just had my new Ascent Subaru transmission replaced at 10K miles.
It was under the warrantied.
Does anyone has the same issue with the transmission or just my vehicle?
Thank you,
I think there was one other person on here that has had to do it, but my dealership has sold over 100 Ascents and none of those have need any transmission work. I'd expect them to replace a few here and there as they do with any of our current models. I've seen a few Outbacks and Legecy's get new transmissions but nothing out of the ordinary. You always get a few outliers.

·
Registered
110 Posts
There are three or four existing threads about this topic. Sorry yours was one of the replacements. There have definitely been other transmission swaps but search these pages and you’ll learn more!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine went squealy at 10,000. It has been at the dealership for 3 weeks. They just took shipment of the new transmission last night and my service advisor called 30 minutes ago to say they are all done with it. They are closed now but I can pick it up tomorrow morning. Merry Christmas to me!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
I, and I am sure others as well, would like to know a couple of things. First, what were the issues/problems your transmission was displaying? Second, what, if anything, did your dealer share with you as to what was the problem that necessitated a replacement transmission. And finally, I’m curious as to when you Ascent came off the production line. Thanks ahead of time for your response.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Picked up my Ascent with new transmission this morning. All is now well with the world?. It was sitting at the dealership for 3 weeks.
As to the previous poster, my transmission was slipping a few weeks ago. The “squeal” along with associated jumps of engine speed of 1000-1200 rpms. When it started happening, it grew more frequent over about 20 miles until all the lights came on and it started self protecting. Got it towed to the dealer. The dealership drained a cup of fluid out and found “lots” of metal in it. Subaru had them track a lot of data before they replaced it.
As for when it was produced? I don’t know. I bought it off the lot, third week of July.

·
Registered
116 Posts
One more thing. The service advisor said the mechanic told him that Subaru made it easy to get the transmission out. Very slick and easier than most. He said that now he has switched one, that he could switch the next one in under 2 hours.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
Actually, my questions were directed toward the original poster of this thread, but hey, it’s all good info. FYI, the month of production is found on a door label on either the driver’s or passenger’s side, can’t remember which, and as it’s late, I am too lazy to go look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello There,
It was under the warranteed
Thank you,
16 k and on the road out of town it broke down. Transmission has been ordered. Arrgh.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ours just went out @ 11,500 miles. The dealer's ordering a new one, and they provided a loaner for us to drive in the mean time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello There,
It was under the warranteed
Thank you,
Mine went out at 23,000 miles it was slipping in revers, it’s in the shop getting a new one installed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.