Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're bring home our new to us today 2020 Ascent Limited with Technology package. It is a dealer loaner car. Supposedly they are required by Subaru to have them and then sell them before they are 6 months old or have 6,000 miles on them. I do see several of these on the lots in a 100 mile radius of me. It has about 3,500 miles on it, and we put about 400 of those on it ourselves. I have a bad back and love the 5 hour test drive, we did that in Vermont on Saturday, including some ice and snow. Then we did some back road near home on Sunday.

Not too happy about the price, but the dealer at least appeared to be unhappy also. It does have an Allstate 5 year, 100,000 power train warranty. I'm sure they are going to try and upsell more of that tonight when we pick it up. It is black, 8 passenger, with a white interior. I would have preferred white but the nearest white one is far away. Didn't want to make the price jump to a new one since at these price points it is easy to say, what's another $2,000 and then do that 4 times. :- )

Initial impressions were excellent, the adaptive cruise was wonderful. We do long camping/kayaking trips and arriving fatigued is not ideal. Our 2 door Jeep Wrangler is not the best road trip car. I'll order the keyfob things today so we don't get the lift gate opening issue. It sounds then I won't need a battery jump pack. It looks like storing those in the car is a bad idea.

There's a halfway decent chance we'll pull the middle seats so we can have a room to change clothes after kayaking and possibly build a bed platform, keeping your camping gear under it.

We didn't turn left here. :- ) (It's an easy jeep trail but there is one ledge that would be hard to do with the nasty breakover angle the Ascent has...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is is on the "can our camping stuff fit test." We use 6 HDX boxes, 2 coolers, and then the tent and sleeping bag. That stuff completely fills the Jeep to the roof. I still have the space on the floor in front of the middle seat for camping chair, tent poles and the sleeping bag and tent on top of that.

We'll get to see out our side windows!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,827 Posts
Congratulations...enjoy your new-to-you Ascent! It's a great vehicle.

Interesting that there would be an "Allstate" warranty instead of an official Subaru Gold extended service contract...which is the preferred contract to have on any Subaru vehicle. Lobby for that for sure...third party contracts are, um...quite often less than pleasant experiences.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts