Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally made the move to Subaru after several years of high priced luxury SUV's, the last being a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited Eco-Diesel. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and my priorities are safety, reliability, comfort and economy. My first purchase last week was the 2020 Forester Limited at which time I traded my GC after spending $8G in the past 3 months. My extended warranty expired at 120K and the same issues persisted, but on my dime, such as the crank shaft position sensor & reluctor wheel $3400, 3 of 4 air suspension units and continous issues with DEF. I will never darken the doors or spend another cent at Chrysler/Jeep. I drove my Forester home and the following day we experienced our first snow storm of the season. I was so impressed that I decided the Forester would go to my daughter and I called the salesman and arranged to test drive the Ascent. Five days later I drove home with my 2020 Ascent Limited and couldn't be more pleased. I had the studded Nokian Hakka 9's installed on both vehicles, possibly overkill but I'm confident we now have the ultimate in safety and meets or exceeds all my other expectations. My experience with the Subaru dealer in Halifax was simply delightful and I am confident they will meet my expectations and keep us with Subaru.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Welcome to the fold. I also came from JGC...a MY12 Overland Summit, which I loved but "it was time". I had had my eye on the Ascent since the original concepts were shown and it turned out to be the right vehicle for me at the right time.

·
Registered
450 Posts
... I traded my GC after spending $8G in the past 3 months...
Sounds like why I traded my BMW 10 years ago for an RX350. I had not one single issue with the RX in that 10 years. There were a couple of minor recalls but that's it. Anyway, it got totaled so I got an Ascent to replace it. Here's hoping for a similar experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I entered the Subaru world last June with the Ascent Limited 2019. I simply love this SUV. Love all the safety features and love the feel and drive of this car. I would recommend it to anyone. If there is any problem it is my garage door opener. I have to be really close to open my garage door unlike all our other cars which open the door from a distance. Dealer has said that he will replace it. I am getting 22 to 25 miles per gallon - highway + city driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts