Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have an Ascent Premium. It's been just over a month now. There were a lot of weird things with the dealership and a couple things with the car that I'd rather not have. But I am getting used to them and I assumed if I want a new car, I have to accept the new tech.
I have looked at a few of the threads on here.
My main concern at this time, is finding seat covers for my ivory interior before my children destroy it. Has any body had any luck and willing to share what they got and where? I have contacted several online companies who don't have the patterns yet and say that the universal covers don't accommodate for the side airbags.
Also, I now a lot of people are upset about the cup holders, are there any inserts out there? I really liked that about my last vehicle: there was a rubber-ish liner that was removable for easy cleaning.

**Just saw the post for the cup holder hero!**

·
Registered
559 Posts
I’m waiting for Wet Okele to release their covers. It’s a neoprene like material. I contacted them and they say the covers will be released soon.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
I had custom Wet Okole seat covers on two vehicles a few years back when I lived in Honolulu, but then I didn’t need heated seats in Hawaii. I would think the performance of heated seats would be seriously degraded by any brand of seat covers, but maybe there is an Ascent owner out there with seat covers already on that can speak to that as being an issue or not. As far as neoprene not being pet friendly, all of the seats I saw in their Honolulu showroom, and the two sets I had installed, were fabric-covered neoprene, so pet hair shouldn’t be any more of a problem than other type of fabric seat covers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got these on amazon. It costed about 25 bucks (CAD) a piece and match perfectly with the seat and colour. Perfect for the dog and our 4 year old.

I know it’s not white, but as far as I remember there were other colours available including black or white. They also work fine with the heated seats

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought this > https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WLXRGC/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 from Amazon as a temorary fix. The driver console cup holders were large enough to let normal bottles tip. The link says it does not fit my Ascent, but it does albeit not perfectly.

It has done its job well. My 24oz Hydro Flask with the rubber bottom has to go in the cup holder without the insert but the insert prevents smaller bottles from tipping.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I get ones similar to Bruno from Amazon, as I want ones that are easily removable. We go to the beach often during the warmer seasons so I want a way to easily remove covers for cleaning salt water and sand. Amazon has a good variety of more easily removed covers, but for the Ascent I have a rear seat cover that I used in our Crosstrek, but that I have yet to try out in the Big A. I also am eyein a cover to use with the front bucket seats that I'll probably try out. I'm still researching a cover for the wayback seats. I'll try to remember to report back once I've experimented more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.