Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So made a pre order for the new Ascent Premium about a month ago with my local dealer up here in Alaska. Having AWD is top on my list and really liking what the Ascent has to offer in a 8 passenger SUV. My wife's current vehicle is a 2013 Mazda CX-9 AWD touring that we bought brand new in 2013. We now have just about 92k miles on it and has been good rig for the most part. Its only been to the dealer three times so far in its life: once at 10k for a dust cover that was rubbing on one of the CV axles, second time was for a lower control arm recall, and then finally a leaking PTU at 60k miles. Really have nothing else to the car other than oil changes, tires, and front brakes at 85k. Looking for the same reliability out the Subaru, if not better!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome! I am curious what sort of delivery and handling fee they hit you with up in AK!?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome lots of good info here!! We test drove the new Cx-9 and I really liked it and its a very good looking vehicle imo but the Subaru won out since we just love our Subarus.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure the fees up here in Alaska since this will be my first car that I would buy since I moved up here in 2013. I bought the CX-9 in Colorado and then 2 months later drove up to Alaska. I also looked at the 2017 CX-9 but found that it was smaller than the 2013 CX-9 that I have and it does not hold 8 people. I need an 8 person people mover.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Alaska isn't much different than the lower 48. I have a cousin that was looking to buy an Outback up in Anchorage and she compared prices with my store in SLC and they were pretty close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts