Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My husband got me a Limited trim in Metallic Tungsten from here in Utah. Tomorrow will be it’s first month with us although I have only driven it this week since I had my husband drove it for a while while waiting for the plate, insurance cards, plus me having to manage separation anxiety with Honda CRV ?. I was nervous having to drive a bigger SUV at first but it has been great so far with the Ascent. Still trying to get used with all its features though. Looking forward to learn more about it from this forum.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can always have the dealership go over the car with you (or again). I have my follow up orientation on Wednesday. I believe it is a pilot program with Subaru. They even provided a notebook and pen to write down questions.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can always have the dealership go over the car with you (or again). I have my follow up orientation on Wednesday. I believe it is a pilot program with Subaru. They even provided a notebook and pen to write down questions.

Hmm, I wasn't offered an orientation nor did my Ascent come with the notebook/pen as I'd seen in one of the online reviews.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmm, I wasn't offered an orientation nor did my Ascent come with the notebook/pen as I'd seen in one of the online reviews.

We got an email to set an appointment for our orientation.

email came two weeks after our purchase.

"Subaru Love encore appointment"

Also are offering us a $25 gift card to cover the gas for our trip

Nice touch.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Not everywhere...

We got an email to set an appointment for our orientation. email came two weeks after our purchase.

"Subaru Love encore appointment"

Also are offering us a $25 gift card to cover the gas for our trip Nice touch.
Not all dealerships are a part of the program yet. Subaru just recently rolled it out to some dealerships, and, if it goes well, my personal opinion is that it will be expanded.

In the meantime, besides all the great resources here, I strongly suggest Groove Subaru's YouTube channel for some tips.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
This Ascent is our first Subaru and I absolutely love it. No technical problems as of yet (we have had it for less than two weeks). Still working on mileage improvement, but expect it will improve over time as previously posted by others. My anxiety of learning all the technical elements of the vehicle have for the most part dissipated. I have just focused on driving it and over time taken on one element at a time. I was concerned of being overly distracted by all the unfamiliar alerts and symbols. Groove Subaru videos, the manual and my upcoming Subaru Love session at Groove will take care of the rest. The vehicle handled flawlessly in the recent "Colorado Bomb Cyclone" and I felt very safe. Next week we take the vehicle up to the mountains for the day. Over the summer we will be purchasing another vehicle (albeit smaller) for my wife. We will be looking at another Subaru given our experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts