Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was looking to replace my 2003 Ford Expedition, I had a few parameters in mind. Able to pull up to 5000 lbs and seating for 7. I test drove the Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, and the Ford Explorer before the Ascent. There was no comparison between the touring model and all the other high end models of the other makes I test drove. Hands down the Ascent was by far several grades above the others for ride and comfort.
I purchased a 2019 Subaru Ascent touring model. I am absolutely in love! I tow a 20’ fishing boat and it tows great. No issues at all. Pulled it up a steep grade of about 8% with the cruise control on and it was able to keep 60mph uphill with no problems. The boat weighs about 3500 lbs fully loaded. It hardly notices the boat behind it with turbo charged engine. What sold me on the subaru was a video showing an Ascent pulling out a 5000 lb boat and trailer out of the water on mud ramp. So for anyone thinking of pulling a trailer or boat with the Subaru Ascent, I give it 4 1/2 stars. The only thing missing is a ‘trailering mode’ which would automatically disable RAB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts