Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
Multiple threads around this. The OEM tires are providing a variable wear life for different people and how different people drive, where they drive, etc. But like most tires, including OEM on multiple brands, they tend to not deliver manufacturer stated tread life expectations in the real world. That's not a Subaru thing, to be clear, either.

You'll want to browse the various existing threads around tire choices as there are both objective and subjective points of view. Yokos get mentioned occasionally, but not to the degree that others do. When I had to bail on the OEM tires because of three major pieces of metal in one of them and not quite enough tread left for a single tire replacement, I went with the BFG Advantage TA Sport as my preferred Michelin Defender LTX was not available in OEM size. I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm at 18.5k and tires still look very new with lots of threads. Ymmv?

Edit: I had yokohama yk580 older compound for my Forester a while back, 60k rating but I think it wore fast . At 30k it started to get low enough to consider new tires. I sold the car to my coworker and shortly thereafter he changed the tires.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I replaced mine at 22k with the Falken Wildpeak AT Trails. Better ride and quieter that OEMs. I complained to my dealer when I had the 24k oil change about the premature wear. They agreed to do an alignment and results showed Toe in on both front wheels and rear were off by quite a bit. Don't really understand the numbers, but front were both at -0.16 for a total on the front -0.32 and rear wheels were at -0.03. The left front adjusted to +0.02 and right to +0.01 for total toe of +0.03. Right rear to +0.11degree, left +0.12 for a total toe of 0.23.
Sorry for all the numbers I tried to scan the sheet but plain paper on an inkjet is pretty unreadable with really small print.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Replaced my 2019 OEMs at 22k a couple weeks ago as well. I went with the Goodyear Eagle Sports A/S. I have only driven it a few times since replacing the tires but It did seem to have better handling at faster speeds on the highway exits ramps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Blowout at 18,000 miles. Sidewall failure while entering an interstate highway. Did not hit debris.

I replaced all four OEM Falken tires with Goodyear Assurance Weather Ready tires. What an improvement! Quieter, better ride quality, better turn-in, better cornering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts