Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
warehouse and training center opening in Colorado

This facility will open near the airport. 550,000 sq. ft.

"By the end of 2121, the building will house Subaru of America’s regional offices, parts distribution operation and a training center for Subaru technicians. The news release does not say how many people will work out of the facility, but the building will feature 115 dock doors. "

No waiting on parts! Great support for local technicians.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Evidently the new standard on status and largess, is no longer how many stories, but how many dock doors. Subaru could probably fly parts in from their plant in Lafayette, IN quicker than driving across town on I-70 during all the construction in Denver. Kudos to Subaru though.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Evidently the new standard on largess, is no longer how many stories, but how many dock doors. Subaru could probably fly parts in from their plant in Lafayette, IN quicker than driving across town on I-70 during all the construction in Denver. Kudos to Subaru though.
Flying the parts into DIA supplies the region but those parts still need to get distributed to the dealerships. That only happens with a warehouse and trucks.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Flying the parts into DIA supplies the region but those parts still need to get distributed to the dealerships. That only happens with a warehouse and trucks.
@packout, you missed my whole point of the travesty regarding our highway system in Denver. Only getting more and more crowded and congested. Drive on 225 (no), drive on 270 (no), drive on I-25 (no), drive on I-70 (no), drive on 36 (no), drive on 76 (definitely, no), etc.

Did I forget to mention how much of a hot mess the MIke Shaw Subaru service department still is? Takes them two days to perform a simple 30 minute software update even after I had an appointment.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@packout, you missed my whole point of the travesty regarding our highway system in Denver. Only getting more and more crowded and congested. Drive on 225 (no), drive on 270 (no), drive on I-25 (no), drive on I-70 (no), drive on 36 (no), drive on 76 (definitely, no), etc.

Did I forget to mention how much of a hot mess the MIke Shaw Subaru service department still is? Takes them two days to perform a simple 30 minute software update even after I had an appointment.
I feel your pain in regard to the congestion. thank you government for not doing the basic job of maintaining the road infrastructure. Maybe they will let us pick up our own parts via a newly constructed bike lane network.

Fortunately my morning drive is early and beats any morning congestion. Typically my afternoon drive barely hits the rush (detour strategies are abundant to me), so I am one of the few who at least for now can at least commute in peace. That was not always the case. Last year it was a very painful commute from my work to home at the end of the day. Very stressful.

I use Subaru West in Golden for service. So far only positive experiences for two Subaru vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,828 Posts
DIA's location geographically in the US makes it an ideal location for a major parts distribution operation for coast-to-coast service. It appeals to many companies because of that.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DIA's location geographically in the US makes it an ideal location for a major parts distribution operation for coast-to-coast service. It appeals to many companies because of that.
Now if the powers that be can get their act together on the major airport upgrade we will be all set. It is planned to be the premier airport in the nation after this project. The most current headache is more passenger related.

"The airport, built at an original cost of $4.8 billion, sits on 53 square miles of airport land, the largest site for any U.S. airport. With six runways, it’s making plans for a seventh and has space for as many as a dozen.

Similarly, airport planners left room for two more concourses. The next concourse, if needed, could be built past Concourse C — which would require a costly extension of DIA’s underground train, Day noted — or east or west of the terminal."

One nice fact is that these expenditures are not being carried at all by the general taxpayer.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now if the powers that be can get their act together on the major airport upgrade we will be all set. It is planned to be the premier airport in the nation after this project. The most current headache is more passenger related.

"The airport, built at an original cost of $4.8 billion, sits on 53 square miles of airport land, the largest site for any U.S. airport. With six runways, it’s making plans for a seventh and has space for as many as a dozen.

Similarly, airport planners left room for two more concourses. The next concourse, if needed, could be built past Concourse C — which would require a costly extension of DIA’s underground train, Day noted — or east or west of the terminal."

One nice fact is that these expenditures are not being carried at all by the general taxpayer.
I assume that Subaru University collaboration will be expanded through this facility. This year my son is starting a tech program which already participates in the Subaru University program. I hope that this will allow for a more robust interaction. The Subaru dealership we go to for service also participates, so maybe some future year he will work on my Ascent at our dealership.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I think I liked the provincial coziness of Stapleton better. Different times though.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I think I liked the provincial coziness of Stapleton better. Different times though.
Those times are gone unless you fly into some very rural airport where you walk up to the plane on the tarmac.
Stapleton airport. Plane taking off from Stapleton over I-70

1 - 16 of 16 Posts