Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Another lame review. Not that it was bad but this guy did not cover how well this car is engineered. Very quiet, quick and lite on it's feet and super safe, and the best value for the money

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Another lame review. Not that it was bad but this guy did not cover how well this car is engineered. Very quiet, quick and lite on it's feet and super safe, and the best value for the money
A lot of other reviewers offer more comprehensive reviews, but Doug Demuro has his own quirky style that works for his "brand". I totally agree with you, but these journos drive everything out there. What we think is quick and quiet is probably fairly ordinary from their viewpoint. In fact, I know Doug's daily driver is/was an AMG E-Class wagon. He also just bought a 2005 Ford GT. Mainstream midsize SUVs don't really move the needle for some of these guys. I think my Ascent is fast as ****! lol.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
He's a good entertainer - that's mostly it. His word choices are very poor in many cases because they're not accurate. He's a story teller, a good one, and not a journalist.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
not a journalist.
semantics... People who review cars are commonly referred to as journalists.

A lot of these reviewers tend to ramble and spout off not completely accurate information. Their research on one particular model pales in comparison to the geeks that hang out here (myself included).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts