Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Does that mean the recalls have been snail mailed(Federal regulatory requirement) and Subaru can now use electronic communications?

·
Registered
Subaru Ascent Touring 2019
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This just showed up on my phone this morning. I called my dealer to arrange it since I'm going in for windshield replacement in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
All my recalls for both of our Subarus I found out by searching my VIN, through the app, or when I was scheduling regular maintenance online. Each time I received the snail mail from Subaru a few weeks after I had already gotten the recall done.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,590 Posts
How long did it take to complete this recall service?
Lots of threads on this... ;) PCV is more involved. The other two take about an hour total unless a particular vehicle requires a harness refit or if codes exist that require more work. (not many fall in the latter category)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Interesting. I have had the CVT and ECU recalls both show up and taken care of. But the PCV valve has NOT showed up for me. I asked them about it at the dealer and they said it takes time (3mos) after its found to show up. When did you have the PCV valve done? Maybe its only for select VIN numbers?
Happy to see mine is updated! View attachment 3075

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lots of threads on this... ;) PCV is more involved. The other two take about an hour total unless a particular vehicle requires a harness refit or if codes exist that require more work. (not many fall in the latter category)
I've had the two others done, but the PCV recall doesn't show up for me online or in MySubaru app. Could it be only for select VIN numbers? I asked them to do it at the dealer, but they said they couldn't until it "showed up".

·
Administrator
11,404 Posts
I've had the two others done, but the PCV recall doesn't show up for me online or in MySubaru app. Could it be only for select VIN numbers? I asked them to do it at the dealer, but they said they couldn't until it "showed up".
Yes, only 18,000 of around 120,000 Ascents were affected.

All of the details are here:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2019 Ascent Touring model that has all three recalls active. Have been notified by mail and local dealership to have these recalls completed and scheduled for next week.
Note: have not had any symptoms regarding the recalls. Don't expect it to take any longer than 2 hours to complete, will keep you posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It took about 3 hours for them to finish the recall fix.
One thing I noticed after: no more fake shifting. I haven’t gone through the rev rage but below 4K I haven’t noticed fake shifts. I think they should have done this from the beginning. It’s so much smoother.

·
Registered
732 Posts
They're still there, but they start after 50% throttle position and happen the faster you're going and the closer to WOT you are.

So basically, all you '19ers are feeling what our '20ers have felt since day 1. I have driven 2 different '19s pre-recalls and yeah, they were pretty horrible feeling.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have a '19 and it seemed it had a lot of fake shifting going on at small throttle applications when I first got it. It was truly weird/bad. But, after 1-2k miles, it got way better. I subsequently got the ECU updated and initially it seemed different, but quickly got back to feeling the same as before update. That's my subjective impressions, anyway.

The ECU updated had to do with the accelerator pedal position sensing, so I theorize that before the update, different individual Ascents could have different throttle offsets leading to different behavior between them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2019 Ascent Touring model that has all three recalls active. Have been notified by mail and local dealership to have these recalls completed and scheduled for next week.
Note: have not had any symptoms regarding the recalls. Don't expect it to take any longer than 2 hours to complete, will keep you posted.
Had all 3 recalls completed today 2/11/20, took about 1 1/2 hours plus a car wash.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts