Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of the new Ascent Touring new owners been slapped with his ridiculous $5000 fee. The dealer explanation was that there was a limited supply of vehicles. I am think WTF. How does that justify an extra $5000 on the price. Do I have a sign on my forehead blinking < sucker here!! >

Ready to walk away from the ascent. Not purchased yet. They will have one in 1 week but I am so ready to walk away.

Thoughts

·
Registered
253 Posts
This seems like b.s. Just reading it makes me angry. I would tell them to shove it, and head to the next closest dealer. Don't walk away...run. Heck, even order from out of state and pay for shipping to you, would still be cheaper than the 5K.

Also, in some States (not all) you can be at or even bellow INVOICE, let alone MSRP...5K over MSRP, no way!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Have any of the new Ascent Touring new owners been slapped with his ridiculous $5000 fee. The dealer explanation was that there was a limited supply of vehicles. I am think WTF. How does that justify an extra $5000 on the price. Do I have a sign on my forehead blinking < sucker here!! >

Ready to walk away from the ascent. Not purchased yet. They will have one in 1 week but I am so ready to walk away.

Thoughts
What's the name of the dealership?

·
Registered
978 Posts

Thoughts
It is Florida after all. The one state dealers will jack up prices on a AWD suv and where buyers with the cheapest housing in America and one of the lowest average incomes in America will apparently purchase a awd SUV at artificially inflated prices. You go Florida!!!!?

·
Registered
119 Posts

Thoughts
If you’re looking to purchase one on the lot then I’m not sure if any FL dealers will sell for less than MSRP. If you are looking to place an order there were a few selling about $1k over invoice, but I don’t know what they’re currently selling for. Either way if they find someone to pay $5k over MSRP good for them, but I hope those dealers find their Ascents piling up on their lots.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This seems like b.s. Just reading it makes me angry. I would tell them to shove it, and head to the next closest dealer. Don't walk away...run. Heck, even order from out of state and pay for shipping to you, would still be cheaper than the 5K.

Also, in some States (not all) you can be at or even bellow INVOICE, let alone MSRP...5K over MSRP, no way!!!
What's the name of the dealership?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar experience in Central Florida (Plattner Subaru of Ocala): negotiated a price over email/phone, went in to order and put down the deposit, and was told that the prior manager made an unauthorized sale and they wouldn’t honor what was negotiated. Talked to the GM and he said he would rather it sit on the lot than sell it for what was previously negotiated - he said the owner was on the same page. I asked to speak to the owner and am still waiting for a response back from either of them.

Contacted SoA and they said they don’t get involved in the retail aspects of the dealers. I have still yet to hear back from the dealership. Unfortunately all other dealerships are saying they will not discount any of their pre-orders, many who also have a price beat guarantee are waivering and say it’s only in Florida dealers.

Based on a recommendation from here, I went ahead and ordered from Heuberger in Colorado Springs at a great discount and the shipping is $950. All in all, a much better out the door deal than what I would have gotten locally in all of Central Florida. Plus, I was told that if I pay in cash, they cannot charge tax, which would be another significant savings. 8-12 weeks for build and delivery to dealership and the 14 business days for delivery to Florida.

My only worry is how does the delivery work out if there are any problems or issues with the vehicle when they take it off the truck. Anyone have any experience of doing this?

·
Registered
201 Posts
It is Florida after all. The one state dealers will jack up prices on a AWD suv and where buyers with the cheapest housing in America and one of the lowest average incomes in America will apparently purchase a awd SUV at artificially inflated prices. You go Florida!!!!?
I don’t like your put down of Florida folks as relates to an unknown South Florida dealer pricing of a new Subaru Ascent...that said, I for one Florida resident would not do business on those terms and I didn’t on my pre-ordered Touring. I got a very respectable deal in Central Florida. So shop around, and even fly to Colorado Springs as they offered me a great deal...flights are $200 or so from Orlando and had I not got within about a $1000.00 of Heuberger’s pricing I would have taken the flight and drove it back to Florida.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really liked the salesman, but not the price tag. Luckily we are not desperate for the vehicle, so we will definitely be looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope. Just leave and find another dealer.

I won't even consider paying MSRP on a brand new vehicle...let alone $5K over, because of "limited supply".
Should I expect to pay less than MSRP? Last time I bought a NEW car was back in 2006. Have the same one since. Time to upgrade. Shopping around now. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Dealership name that I did not post in my original post - on purpose because I did not feel the need to call them out.. but because members genuinely feel this dealer is working on shady terms I have now updated my post to with the dealer information.

SUBARU of PEMBROKE PINES
16150 Pines Boulevard
Pembroke Pines, FL 33027

Thank you for the quick responses. I will give them 1 more chance to reduce the price AND not tag me with this $5000 "Luxury TAX". If not, they lose a sale.

Simple.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Should I expect to pay less than MSRP? Last time I bought a NEW car was back in 2006. Have the same one since. Time to upgrade. Shopping around now. Any advice is appreciated.
Florida is probably the lowest volume state in the US for Subarus for good reason. You don’t get snow, you don’t have mountains. All places the Subaru is a highly sought after brand. Florida not so much. Invoice seems very reasonable in Florida MSRP is umm wishful thinking and $5000 over MSRP is “we’re desperate the bank is foreclosing on the dealership next month.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts