Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I purchased my Blue Subaru Ascent last month and have been enjoying the vehicle. It actually replaced my X5 after an accident. But I have been reading the forum and it has truly helped. Spoke to Dan to get help on a good deal for extended warranty, got instructions to install the tow hitch myself, and learned to operate certain things about the Ascent. And it hasnt even been a month of ownership. I figured I'd post some pictures of some add-ons and say a world a thanks to you guys.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive exterior Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Automotive lighting

·
Registered
74 Posts
We are in the same boat lol got mine Black Friday and loving it so far I have installed trunk light I ordered the trailer kit but have not installed it yet waiting for spring also got the logo lights and door protector

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi All,
I purchased my Blue Subaru Ascent last month and have been enjoying the vehicle. It actually replaced my X5 after an accident. But I have been reading the forum and it has truly helped. Spoke to Dan to get help on a good deal for extended warranty, got instructions to install the tow hitch myself, and learned to operate certain things about the Ascent. And it hasnt even been a month of ownership. I figured I'd post some pictures of some add-ons and say a world a thanks to you guys.
View attachment 2932 View attachment 2933 View attachment 2934 View attachment 2935 View attachment 2937
Congrats on the new ride! How do you get the logo lights (photo#4) on? Does the dealer install it or is it easy to self install?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! How do you get the logo lights (photo#4) on? Does the dealer install it or is it easy to self install?
You can get them on Amazon, eBay, and probably Alibaba. I had them on my old Outback at one point, but the novelty wore off (for me) in a couple of weeks. They're not exactly subtle. I'm too introverted for those.

example:

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can get them on Amazon, eBay, and probably Alibaba. I had them on my old Outback at one point, but the novelty wore off (for me) in a couple of weeks. They're not exactly subtle. I'm too introverted for those.

example:
Cool thanks! Does the touring come standard with door lights? If not these might might not have power supply...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Cool thanks! Does the touring come standard with door lights? If not these might might not have power supply...
Yes, you should have the door lights. My Limited has them and I'm pretty sure they all do. Just pry out the old fixture, unplug the connector and pop in the new ones.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It’s pop out old put in new no need to change bulbs at least with the amazon one it come plug and play

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I bought two different sets and this one below is better in construction and logo sharper and smaller (less dramatic)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats and SWEET bike! Can't wait for Mountain Bike season to start (I don't do 26 degree rides in CO with wind).
Thanks. I'm now reduced to easy trails due to a bike accident and cant enjoy my Canyon as much. But better than not riding at all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We are in the same boat lol got mine Black Friday and loving it so far I have installed trunk light I ordered the trailer kit but have not installed it yet waiting for spring also got the logo lights and door protector
Cool beans. Can you tell me what you did with the trunk light? Replacement or rewire for better lighting?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just bought these on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074P1K7JZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Worked like a charm. Got nice feedback like wow and where can I get those for my car. Like soneone said, pop it with an eyeglass size flathead. Disconnect and connect, then pop in. 30 to 60 sec for one light. Just check before inserting the new one that the prongs are straight or else you may have to straighten them with ur screwdriver.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Thanks. I'm now reduced to easy trails due to a bike accident and cant enjoy my Canyon as much. But better than not riding at all.
I hear ya - I had a pretty good one last season on my Stumpy - took me out for the season. Cracked a rib and trashed my lats on my left side. All good to go now and am eager to get that first ride of the new season going! Regaining confidence will be the biggest challenge at first.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this but instead of the right rewire from the left side
OMG!!! I wanted to do something like that where I use a dual connector/splicer cable or last choice vampire taps to the wiring. But mine involved not going through the trunk door but cutting the plastic and adding another higher LED light to be able to see the contents since the current fixture is too low and can be blocked. But I like this solution if it doesn't involve cutting/fabricating. Many thanks! I haven't checked that guy out yet. Does he have more mods that fit the Ascent?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hear ya - I had a pretty good one last season on my Stumpy - took me out for the season. Cracked a rib and trashed my lats on my left side. All good to go now and am eager to get that first ride of the new season going! Regaining confidence will be the biggest challenge at first.
Very true! In mountain biking last year, I had broken my clavicle, shattered shoulder, and 5 ribs broken. Wife nearly killed me instead! hahaha! But definitely doesn't feel the same with metal in the body now. And imagine i used to do 150mile road rides too. ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts