Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from North California.

I test drove a Subaru Ascent and a few of the competitions and I am pretty sure our next vehicle is going to be an Ascent. Obviously we haven't purchased yet, but looking to do it very soon. Hoping to learn from the forum.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You won’t regret it. It’s a fantastic vehicle and company. Ensure you do your research and test drive others of course. This forum has a lot of useful information. Many of the very good threads /info is buried deep in some older posts from when the car was released. I was late to the game as well. Think I’m all caught up :). What vehicle are you coming out of?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've had quite a few vehicles. This one will be replacing my wife's minivan. I drive an F-150. My wife also has a Corolla. So this will be the family long trip hauler. I will be sure to check the old posts. If you have any recommendations, please post the links. Appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
I am thoroughly loving my Ascent... breaking 50,000 miles in two weeks during my next adventure. But, like @gmatt1000 said, test drive other things, get the car that's suited for your needs. For instance, if I wanted a rock crawler, or needed an open bed truck for my gear, I would have chosen something else.

Fortunately, the Ascent is perfect for my needs.

·
Registered
604 Posts
If you use car seats for kids, I suggest checking that they work ok in the Ascent because they can restrict 3rd row access if in the second row. Also putting them in the 3rd row has some limitations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you use car seats for kids, I suggest checking that they work ok in the Ascent because they can restrict 3rd row access if in the second row. Also putting them in the 3rd row has some limitations.
We need to put one car seat. It will be rear facing for another 6 months and then front facing. Does this restrict all access to the back? I thought it was only one side.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Check all your options out, and make sure to request an extended test drive for the finalists, and make sure you get some highway and around the town miles on the drive. Keep in mind the Ascent is not going to be as big as any of the more recent minivans, so there's a trade-off for that ( as with any car in this segment). Quite honestly, if you need all out size and all-wheel drive, you'll have to go a full segment larger than the Ascent. I mention that only because I don't want you to buy the car ( or any car in the segment) and then realize you need more space after the fact.

This is my first car with a CVT, although some people don't like them, it doesn't bother me at all. It did take some getting used to at first though.

I'd also advise you to visit the forums for competing models, if you haven't already done that.

·
Registered
604 Posts
We need to put one car seat. It will be rear facing for another 6 months and then front facing. Does this restrict all access to the back? I thought it was only one side.
You will probably be ok with one car seat, it seams like people with multiple car seats and boosters sometimes have trouble, especially with the full bench second row.

If you can stop by your dealer with the car seat for a trial fit that would eliminate the guessing.

if you can live with the 3rd row folded then you won’t be giving up much space from your mini van.

Hope it works out for your family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts