Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2020 Limited in CWP on 12/30 as a new daily for my wife. We were sad to trade in her 2010 Xterra, but needed a bit more room for a growing family and the Ascent fit all of our needs. We researched and test drove several other vehicles as well, and I was really pleased with all that the Ascent offered at its price point. I'm on my second WRX now, and while I absolutely love it, I'll say that Subaru definitely put more thought into creature comforts and amenities with the Ascent! In the four days we've had it, we've both been really pleased.

Since the Xterra was pretty awesome and had the looks to match, my wife was understandably a little less than enthused with a lot of the prospects we looked at. Many of the vehicles in this class can tend be a little too minivan-ish for her liking. Part of the draw of the Subaru was the AWD and the capabilities associated with it. Our first changes will be the LP Adventure lift, 18" wheels, and 265/60/r18 tires. I can't wait!

I'm an over-analyzer and planner by nature, so I actually spent a lot of time reading through this forum before deciding on the vehicle. You guys have some great advice here. Thanks for that! I'm looking forward to being part of the community.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,541 Posts
Our first changes will be the LP Adventure lift, 18" wheels, and 265/60/r18 tires. I can't wait!
Please add a new spare tire to that list...you're upsizing to those 265/60-18 and need a spare that matches the same diameter to avoid damage to your drivetrain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please add a new spare tire to that list...you're upsizing to those 265/60-18 and need a spare that matches the same diameter to avoid damage to your drivetrain.
Yep, yet another point that I learned from reading through all the previous posts on here. I'm just trying to figure out now where to store the spare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts