Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! New 2020 Ascent owner here. Got the touring edition with a couple extra upgrades, led lights, hitch, etc...

now I came from a Forester(lifted, tires, suspension) and I’m looking to do the same to the ascent. Only thing I’m concerned about is the lift leasing with my 5k towing capacity and tongue weight. I mainly got this for camping, camper, and music festivals.

also, just purchased the entire exhaust with mufflers from nameless. Don’t see any videos of the mid pipe and mufflers together so I’ll post a video as soon as it’s installed.

any advice on a lift and how it affects towing would be appreciated!

peter

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,161 Posts
There are threads in the technical section of this forum site that discuss lifting. :) It shouldn't affect your towing capability other than having to use a different ball mount with the correct drop for your trailer to be level.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
Moderator Robert Mauro tows with a lift.

There are some reports the Ascent can get a little wobbly when lifted.
If you're towing, I personally do not suggest over an inch lift, for the reasons Q-Man13 mentions - as well as because of strain on the CV joints, or the need for spacers. Lift manufacturers claim it's fine though. I use the Anderson Fab 1" spacer lift kit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're towing, I personally do not suggest over an inch lift, for the reasons Q-Man13 mentions - as well as because of strain on the CV joints, or the need for spacers. Lift manufacturers claim it's fine though. I use the Anderson Fab 1" spacer lift kit.
What kinda of wheel and tire package do you have on the 1 inch lift? I used ADF on my forester lift but had a lot of problems.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
What kinda of wheel and tire package do you have on the 1 inch lift? I used ADF on my forester lift but had a lot of problems.
What size lift did you use?

I am running:
  • 17" Liquid Metal Shadow rims
  • 245/65R17 BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 tires
The tires are an exact width and circumference match to stock.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey everyone! New 2020 Ascent owner here. Got the touring edition with a couple extra upgrades, led lights, hitch, etc...

now I came from a Forester(lifted, tires, suspension) and I’m looking to do the same to the ascent. Only thing I’m concerned about is the lift leasing with my 5k towing capacity and tongue weight. I mainly got this for camping, camper, and music festivals.

also, just purchased the entire exhaust with mufflers from nameless. Don’t see any videos of the mid pipe and mufflers together so I’ll post a video as soon as it’s installed.

any advice on a lift and how it affects towing would be appreciated!

peter View attachment 4067
Hello. There is also a good discussion on exhaust and mid pipe mods in this forum. There is also discussion in the COBB tuning thread. I took video outside and inside cabin with my nameless catback exhaust mufflered version. You can access via this thread or YouTube.

Regarding a lift there is some inherent Longevity risk in doing any Suspension mod. I dont claim to be an expert but I spoke to local shops and had phone and email conversations with ADF. LP. PRIMITIVE. And EIBACH. I went with primitive racing. I think less than 1.5” is essential and for towing the higher spring rate is helpful. It’s working for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.