Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new owner of 2020 Subaru Ascent Touring model. Also new to the Subaru brand itself. Looking forward to connect with other owners and learn from their experience to get the best out of this vehicle.
Any suggestions for a newbie? Of course, will navigate through the forum messages to learn more too.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Even though it is a slog, check out the manuals. There is a lot of info in there. They are available online too if you prefer computer vs paper.

Also look for the post Robert made about eyesight and how it works. The better you understand it, the better it works for you.

One thing that catches a lot of people out, if you go out in your garage at night, you might hear the exhaust system purging. It makes a fan/pump kind of noise while the car is off. Not to worry, that is the normal cycle every night!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
Relative to what Kevin mentions...get the PDF versions of the manuals so you can easily search for things, including on your mobile device while traveling. Paper manuals are nice for a general reference, but not very practical sometimes when you need to "find something now". I don't even keep the paper ones in the vehicle anymore...waste of space.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Thank you Kevin and Jim for your inputs.
  1. Good idea with the digital owner's manual. Including the link to it for others benefit, https://www.subaru.com/owners/vehicle-resources/manuals.html?modelCode=2020-ASC-LCG
  2. Glad you mentioned about the exhaust system purge :)
  3. I will look for Robert's post on eyesight to understand it better.
You can find my post here:

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask it on that thread, and I or someone else will gladly answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.