Subaru Ascent Forum banner

New owner in NE

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  tariktik 
#1 ·
Just picked up my Premium less than a week ago. So far I'm loving it. I'm upgrading from a Miata so this thing is HUGE and has more features than a 32 screen theater.

I picked the Ascent because my wife has been very happy with her Forester and I needed something to tow a small race car but didn't want a truck. The hitch is being installed tomorrow but it will be a while before I can test the towing (the race car is in pieces right now).

Looking forward to the discussions in the forums.

Kevin

#2 ·
Welcome. Glad you are enjoying your Ascent.

I always found car size impressions to be a funny thing. I find the Ascent to be small and nimble and so easy to park and can u-turn almost in the same lane. But my last 12 years and 300k+ miles were in a GMC crewcab pick up with a full 8 foot bed.

You are right about the features. I went from pre-Bluetooth to a space shuttle with wheels. The eye sight alone is amazing. The there’s the big screen to play with and another in my dash above it and another between the tach and the speedo. I find a new feature every day.

#5 ·
So, there's the Formula 500 that I autocross (with the Miata that is being replaced in the background). It has a 100-ish HP 2-stroke snowmobile engine in a car that has to weigh at least 800 lbs with my fat arse in it. Race tuned cars can get up to 150 mph. Mine is autocross tuned so it's geared way down for acceleration and not top end. I've only had the car for about 6 months and have about 3 years worth of projects planned. One of those plans is an enclosed trailer.

Attachments

#9 ·
There have been times that Eyesight couldn't find the lines on the road. Not sure if it was from heading West into the setting Sun or the salt on the roads turning everything gray. Probably a little of column A and a little from column B. However, even during that time, Eyesight never lost track of the lead car and the adaptive cruise worked great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.