Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info or release notes on the new update that released yesterday?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premier
46 Posts
Nope!
I installed in the afternoon and all went smooth. Drove the car a few times and haven’t noticed any difference. Probably just map updates and maybe some bug fixing.
by the way, I also looked for the release notes and found nothing, so if anyone has it or knows how to get it, publishing here would be very appreciated
?

·
Registered
118 Posts
The only change I have noticed is that the weather alerts now take up the entire screen rather than a small popup.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
802 Posts
The only change I have noticed is that the weather alerts now take up the entire screen rather than a small popup.
And they are now user selectable as someone has already pointed out.

I didn't see any notes anywhere about this update.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My Android Auto doesn't work after the update. It will connect, show a blank screen, then disconnect. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also seem to be getting the same alert every 15 to 20 minutes now. I've tried dismissing the alert using both the [back] button and the [X] button. But the alerts still come back.

I'm wonder if there is a way to determine if this is Sirius rebroadcasting the alert, or a change in the head unit software behavior. Either way, it's annoying.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Android Auto doesn't work after the update. It will connect, show a blank screen, then disconnect. Any thoughts?
I had to reconfigure the app, I think the head unit deleted the record when it updated. Plug it in, let it go thru and disconnect and then start the android auto app on your phone, follow the prompts and it should come right up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I also seem to be getting the same alert every 15 to 20 minutes now. I've tried dismissing the alert using both the [back] button and the [X] button. But the alerts still come back.

I'm wonder if there is a way to determine if this is Sirius rebroadcasting the alert, or a change in the head unit software behavior. Either way, it's annoying.
Do you have the latest map update, published 12/17/2019? They added a setting to the xm/sirius radio where you can now control the alert types you receive.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
629 Posts
Any tips to get the software to update over WiFi? Mine says it's up to date, but I'm on 19.01.70

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,900 Posts
Any tips to get the software to update over WiFi? Mine says it's up to date, but I'm on 19.01.70
WiFI is the only way to update over the air...

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
I was trying with WiFi....just says no update available.
This is not yet available to Navigation units as an OTA update. :(

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
629 Posts
Eh? The photo shows a Navi system. Or you mean I have to use a USB stick and do it manually?

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Eh? The photo shows a Navi system. Or you mean I have to use a USB stick and do it manually?
Apologies, there's no over the air update available for this update for navigation units yet - just the manual USB update currently.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.