Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from E. TN, replaced my 2006 GMC YUKON XL and in the process of selling my 2014 Cadillac CTS. My new Touring will fit the bill, far less expensively. So far, good decision, we will see the first big snowfall.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
You will absolutely love it in the snow. It'll easily handle half a foot to 3/4 of a foot. I never plow my driveway anymore, and never have to wait for the plows to finally make it to my dead end street (which could be near the end of the day when I'm 8-10 hours late for work).

This was my former 2010 Outback. Nothing behind the car, and much of the street is unplowed, and you can get an idea of how deep the snow is from me wading through it to the car. With a far more powerful engine, the Ascent will easily be able to surpass my former Outback.

Hoping you enjoy your Ascent as much as I've enjoyed my Outback and am enjoying my Ascent.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Greetings from E. TN, replaced my 2006 GMC YUKON XL and in the process of selling my 2014 Cadillac CTS. My new Touring will fit the bill, far less expensively. So far, good decision, we will see the first big snowfall.

Greeting to you from Nashville (Mt. Juliet). I know there is someone from Knoxville on this site also.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Greeting to you from Nashville (Mt. Juliet). I know there is someone from Knoxville on this site also.
New member here from Nashville and looking to buy my first Ascent in the coming weeks (maybe used, maybe new). Longtime Outback owner (bought in VA) but have had it serviced at Downtown Subaru (not impressed). Where do you get your Ascent serviced around Nashville? Thanks!

Reactions: Jim_in_PA

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Landers McLarty Subaru is one of my favorites. They're in Huntsville, Alabama, but, I think they opened up a dealership closer to you. If you stop in, tell them "Subaru Ambassador Robert from NY" said hi!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Landers McLarty Subaru is one of my favorites. They're in Huntsville, Alabama, but, I think they opened up a dealership closer to you. If you stop in, tell them "Subaru Ambassador Robert from NY" said hi!
Thanks, Robert. A quick Google search reveals that they might still be only in Huntsville. That's still within driving distance to me, though. I'm in the market for an Ascent, so I might check them out (esp. if they honor the VIP program).

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
You will absolutely love it in the snow. It'll easily handle half a foot to 3/4 of a foot. I never plow my driveway anymore, and never have to wait for the plows to finally make it to my dead end street (which could be near the end of the day when I'm 8-10 hours late for work).

This was my former 2010 Outback. Nothing behind the car, and much of the street is unplowed, and you can get an idea of how deep the snow is from me wading through it to the car. With a far more powerful engine, the Ascent will easily be able to surpass my former Outback.

Hoping you enjoy your Ascent as much as I've enjoyed my Outback and am enjoying my Ascent.
I used my Ascent this past week to knock down (created some tracks) the 3' of snow fall in my street for neighbors. I did not do this all at once but as it fell maybe about 1' at a time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Greetings from Kingsport, TN! I'm sure you'll enjoy the new Ascent, I certainly enjoy my new one.
Thank you! Did you buy yours from Courtesy in Kingsport? Did you have a good experience?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought mine from Wallace Imports in Johnson City. Courtesy had very little inventory plus I've had great experience with Wallace's service department.
Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
New forum member from New Bedford, MA

We just traded in our 2017 Outback Touring for a 2021 Ascent Limited. This is our 7th new Subaru. We negotiated hard and settled on 9.5% off of the MSRP with a decent trade-in on our 2017. I like buying fully loaded vehicles but we hardly every used the power moonroof on the touring and neither of us are audiophiles. So we looked for a Limited model without the Technology package to save the $3K. We found a pearl white in stock with just the body side moldings, license plate brackets, wheels locks and the rear bumper cover. It has an MSRP of $41,216 And has the 2nd row bucket seats. I already ordered the rear cargo mat and the ones for behind the third row.
We pick it up tomorrow and the first thing I will do is a light paint correction and coat it with a ceramic coating. I have done my 2020 Corvette and the new 2020 Bolt EV with ceramic coatings and the always look great. It is a time consuming process but worth the effort. Other than maybe the splash guards is there anything else that we should buy. I will probably buy the aftermarket winter floor mats in the fall. I really like the brand that we got for the Bolt EV and they do make them for the Ascent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts