Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

We recently bought a 2021 Ascent Limited in the Portland Metro area (Oregon). This is our second Subaru, with the other one being a 2017 Legacy 3.6R. So far, we are really enjoying our Ascent. We love the space and safety features. Looking forward to getting to know the Ascent community!

(Just had our front driver/passenger windows tinted this morning)
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Land vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Looks great. I have been considering the tinting as well. what brand did you have installed and how much did it cost you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I believe the brand applied was Suntek and we paid $120. We went with 20% tint and it turned out well. I've had this guy tint several of my cars for the better part of a decade now and I have never had any issues with the film fading or bubbling.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Welcome, nw tinting in Vancouver did ours for $100 suntek I think.. it's been 3 years now? they charge $20 more for the little windows lol. Also use to go to elite tinting I think they use 3m film but they cost slightly more I believe.

I like that color paint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$100 sounds like a great deal especially since the small quarter glass is somewhat difficult to tint due to the rubber looking piece of trim extending behind the glass. And yeah, Suntek window films. We went with the carbon series since it’s what i’ve always had in previous cars and it comes with lifetime warranty. The dude i go to has his shop on 80th and Foster in Portland.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Welcome, nw tinting in Vancouver did ours for $100 suntek I think.. it's been 3 years now? they charge $20 more for the little windows lol. Also use to go to elite tinting I think they use 3m film but they cost slightly more I believe.

I like that color paint.
there are different tint types within the brand. We may not be comparing apples to apples.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
379 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! I'm here in Portland too, by the way, so if you see a 2021 black limited it might just be me. Hope you love yours as much as we're loving ours!

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
224 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! I'm here in Portland too, by the way, so if you see a 2021 black limited it might just be me. Hope you love yours as much as we're loving ours!
And if you see a 2019 Black it might be me!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Why does everyone in the Pacific NW get their windows tinted. :p It's always rainy or overcast. Last night it snowed!

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
224 Posts
Why does everyone in the Pacific NW get their windows tinted. :p It's always rainy or overcast. Last night it snowed!
I wonder the same thing, born and bred here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And if you see a 2019 Black it might be me!
I haven't really seen many Ascents in the area. I guess I haven't really paid attention to them.

Privacy, aesthetics, and for that one week of summer where it gets to 90 degrees :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
379 Posts
I definitely haven't added any additional tinting. I'm still getting used to the back windows being tinted, for this is my first car that's ever had any windows tinted at all. Doubt I'd ever want to get the front windows tinted, for my tired old eyes would probably have a harder time seeing everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.