Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on the Subaru Map Update Delivery Portal that there is a new update published for at least the 2019 Ascents. Has anyone installed this yet and if so, any pros/cons to be aware of?

Mainly I am hoping it fixes the weather warning prompts every few minutes but I know I dare to dream (yes, they are shut off but yet still appear).

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, found this thread after creating my post:

New Map Update Available

Not really sure why it was under 'Car Care and Detailing' which is probably why I could not find it initially. In any case did not see anything mentioned other than map updates. Is that what others experienced or are their other updated included?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hmmm. I shut off the weather warnings some time ago and they stay off. I think it was an update or two ago that fixed it. If you missed that update then your in luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Now if Subaru would just issue an update so the freaking radio doesn't turn on everytime I start the car!!!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,412 Posts
Go buy an aftermarket head unit because it's not gonna change
That's a tough row to hoe these days with so much of the vehicle setup integrated into the head units.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's a tough row to hoe these days with so much of the vehicle setup integrated into the head units.
To be clear, I'm not talking about the Head Unit powering on every time I turn on the ignition. I mean that regardless of what state the head unit was in when I last turned off the ignition (usually displaying CarPlay), the head unit always activates the Radio to the last station it was tuned to with audio on. This is super annoying and there does not appear to be any way to disable this behavior. IMO, if the last thing the Head Unit was doing was displaying CarPlay, it should either return to CarPlay if a phone is connected, or at least return to the Apps Screen and NOT turn on the radio unless the radio was the last thing playing when the ignition turned off.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,412 Posts
To be clear, I'm talking about the Head Unit powering on every time I turn on the ignition. I mean that regardless of what state the head unit was in when I last turned off the ignition
That was clearly understood. I was referring the the poster I quoted suggesting a third party head unit being a difficult path.

Reactions: navigator48

·
Registered
24 Posts
That was clearly understood. I was referring the the poster I quoted suggesting a third party head unit being a difficult path.
Gotcha. I also noticed a typo in my post which I have corrected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see on the Subaru Map Update Delivery Portal that there is a new update published for at least the 2019 Ascents. Has anyone installed this yet and if so, any pros/cons to be aware of?

Mainly I am hoping it fixes the weather warning prompts every few minutes but I know I dare to dream (yes, they are shut off but yet still appear).

Thanks!

View attachment 5373
successfully updated the navigation on my WiFi yesterday. Early morning before my maps were blank so I knew that there was an update available - happened 2 other times in the past. Just make sure you have a strong enough WiFi signal. Many homes the garage is barely in range of the WiFi and you are going through more walls and such. Notice with the update speed limits have been updated but the screen really likes to zoom in and out while using a destination. Really busy! Trying to see if there are better ways to tweak the display. The nice thing about also having apple CarPlay is that you have 3 other navigation options available there. Basically you have 4 navigation choices. I have run both Waze and Apple Maps at the same time and you see one but get voice warnings form both! Try it.

·
Administrator
8,303 Posts
You can change zoom method in the settings menu of the built in Navigation app.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts