Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw new version for download available.
Rel_UA.19.42.70 NAFTA
North America_2017.03_7181_28/12545/272294/19719
It is correct for 2019 Ascent ?

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Question - Why do you guys use the built in NAV instead of Google Maps, Waze, or Apple Maps? Just curious.
I use it on some of my road trips where I do not have an offline version of the map downloaded and I have no reception. I also use it sometimes when I am using my phone for something else and need it disconnected from the car.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
Question - Why do you guys use the built in NAV instead of Google Maps, Waze, or Apple Maps? Just curious.
I was a long time Waze/Google Maps user on our annual 2-3 month 7,000-8,000 miles cross country Winter trips out West. When we bought our Accent Limited in the Fall of 2018, I decided to go all in with the onboard Nav for our next trip and see how it worked. When we got home last March there were over 100 locations saved in the nav Recents list and a bunch more family and friends in our Favorites. We only had 1 glitch finding a location with the nav in Sacramento and another time it got goofed up in Phoenix rush hour traffic. Other than that it worked every time. We were all over San Diego apartment hunting for my daughter and it always found the places we were looking for.

If you take the time to read the manual and learn how the voice command likes you to tell it addresses, you'll find that it has a lot of capability. Some people still hate it though.

If you are ok with tethering your phone to the car and fooling around with Carplay then you can always go back to using Waze/Maps. A lot of people are doing that.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
I generally don't use the built-in navigation because I've been a "religious" Google Maps user for years. I generally plan my routes/destinations at my computer prior to travel and that's easy with Google Maps. That said, Robert brings up an important reason that it's nice to have the on-board navigation available if one is traveling to areas with spotty cellular coverage. I have, of course, tested it a few times, to be familiar with the interface in case I do need to use it. It's unlikely that once the period for "free" map updates passes that I'll pay money to continue those updates, however.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
I downloaded the file and tried updating it, but the system told me I was already up to date.That happen to anyone else?
Did you get this message when you plugged in your USB drive?

In my case, I was running the previous release, 19-25-70 I think it was and plugged in the USB drive before starting the motor. The update started in a few seconds and it ran while I was driving.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Did you get this message when you plugged in your USB drive?

In my case, I was running the previous release, 19-25-70 I think it was and plugged in the USB drive before starting the motor. The update started in a few seconds and it ran while I was driving.
Yep I got that message when I plugged in the USB. I'm still on the previous release as well - 19.25.70

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
Yep I got that message when I plugged in the USB. I'm still on the previous release as well - 19.25.70
Weird, any chance you downloaded the last version instead of the current one?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts