Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Stopping in to say hello, not new to the Subaru world been driving one since I was 16. We just ordered a new Ascent White on brown Touring super excited for this car hopefully we will get it around July. I have been a member on NASIOC since 2004. Figured I would poke around here so what is going on.

My previous Subarus
03 WRX
05 LGT
08 WRX
11 Outback
13 Legacy
17 STI my Current
17 Outback Wife's Current

Lots of cars in between but Subaru's just feel like home to me. Cheers

Reactions: Forout and unsub1

·
Registered
597 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just Stopping in to say hello, not new to the Subaru world been driving one since I was 16. We just ordered a new Ascent White on brown Touring super excited for this car hopefully we will get it around July. I have been a member on NASIOC since 2004. Figured I would poke around here so what is going on.

My previous Subarus
03 WRX
05 LGT
08 WRX
11 Outback
13 Legacy
17 STI my Current
17 Outback Wife's Current

Lots of cars in between but Subaru's just feel like home to me. Cheers

Dang dude... SOA should give you a huge OLI (ownership loyalty incentive) discount check!!!:tango_face_surprise

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I had an '02 WRX that I wish I kept instead of turning it back on lease. How did the '08 compare to the '03? I really wanted to get another one but my wife can't drive stick and I didn't want an auto.

Also have you had the Badge of Ownership before and if so how easy was it to put on?

https://www.badgeofownership.com/UI/dist/?sc_brochure=subaru.lifebook.2016.brand-engagement
I miss my 03 all the time I really do, It was totaled not my fault some lady hit me in a huge Buick, my 03 was a great car had bigger turbo and header back bigger IC and lots of other stuff. The 08 was a good car but I kept it stock since I had my GTO at the time and just drove it back and forth to school/work. I felt like it was very underpowered but it was a hatch and I miss that about my 17 STI.

yea I had that on my outback really easy just peel and stick.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang dude... SOA should give you a huge OLI (ownership loyalty incentive) discount check!!!:tango_face_surprise

HAHA I wish man, that would be nice. I really love my Subaru's I have had a lots of other cars in the mean time, but always come back home.

·
Registered
303 Posts
HAHA I wish man, that would be nice. I really love my Subaru's I have had a lots of other cars in the mean time, but always come back home.
No but seriously, give them ring or send an email - see my post elsewhere on this forum - I emailed them and got an OLI voucher for $500 off a new subaru. They should be able to at least do the same for you.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No but seriously, give them ring or send an email - see my post elsewhere on this forum - I emailed them and got an OLI voucher for $500 off a new subaru. They should be able to at least do the same for you.

Yea that ambassador program gives the 500 off coupons to people, I am gonna work on that soon, do you know if they expire ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
yes the OLI coupons have an expiration date. Not sure about the ambassador coupons, but from what I've been able to tell, the ambassador program seems to be temporarily halted as far as accepting new applications goes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
so that you ordered......what would change your mind after driving......never bought a car without test driving it. seating position is critical
leap of faith. once you "see" and drive it do you have the option of NOT taking it???

·
Registered
597 Posts
so that you ordered......what would change your mind after driving......never bought a car without test driving it. seating position is critical
leap of faith. once you "see" and drive it do you have the option of NOT taking it???

For anyone on here make sure you test drive whatever car you are going to buy and if something doesn't feel right talk to the dealer. If they can't fix it before you buy it and it bothers you do not buy that car.

I have been thinking about this a lot and one a few things would change my mind.
1) The car doesn't work properly (Engine, Nav, Seats). What I mean by this is it pulls to one side when driving or shakes. I would not purchase the car right then but have the dealership see if they can figure out the issue before I do.
2) The car feels way underpowered compared to my current vehicle. Also how much the turbo lags could change my opinion as well. I have had a turbo Subaru in the past and loved the car but this car will be loaded up with a lot more stuff and I need to know it will make it up a large incline on a highway going the speed limit and if I'm not sure it can do that I might not buy it.
3) During the test drive if my wife complains about the passenger seat. I'm not sure if it can move up and down but having a really low seat can be uncomfortable and as this will be the long distance car it will be important that it is comfortable.

I don't expect any of these to be an issue but it will be the main things I'm looking for. The big one is number 1 as my Uncle bought a car that couldn't go straight on the highway and the dealer was never able to fix the issue. He never test drove the car so he had no idea until he was driving a 6 hour drive.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I have driven Subaru's most of my life, and all of them seem to have a the same seating position if not very close. Also the leap of faith is basically my dealer keeping money hostage until the car arrives, you can get a refund if you do not take delivery of the car.

Also the salesman has driven one as of recently and reassured us of it is exactly what we were looking for/expecting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts