Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my new Go Rhino polished stainless steel step-bumper (with 8" solid iron hitch extender) on our new 2021 Ascent Touring in Brilliant Bronze. It looks so sweet!!!

I've bought this product in black for our orange Crosstrek and my daughters red Impreza. They always get a lot of attention. We really like the idea that "the other guy" has to get through it to get to our car. Oh,
I realize it will only protect us from a minor collisions, but it's easier to replace a hitch accessory than the rear bumper. Lots of people have uploaded their damaged Rhinos on Amazon with their testimony of how the Rhino saved their car. In the meantime, it looks great, give me a place to sit and makes it easy to reach the roof racks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does it affect the RAB system?
Yes. And yes, I discovered that it's just a little too far out and triggers the RAB alarm. BUT, I have no RAB alarm problems on my Crosstrek with a 7" extender (with 4" riser). So, I'll just get a slightly shorter extension for the Ascent. Or I could just leave the RAB disabled since the Ascent is going to be our R-Pod puller.

Musical instrument Automotive tire Hood Vehicle String instrument

Side notes: On the Crosstrek, the bar is right at the red crosshairs. On the Ascent, it is currently just a tad bit beyond the red crosshairs. Typically, when I am driving with a hitch mount luggage rack attached, I turn off the RAB alarm. But the other rear facing sensors that alert you to approaching objects near the rear, all still work. The RAB alarm is to let you know that the breaks are about to be engaged. Therefore, when the RAB is disabled, no brakes either. Necessary for towing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.