Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My wife is due for a new vehicle. She has her heart set on an Ascent. We've owned two previous Subaru (95 Impreza Hatch, 97 Outback Wagon) both decent cars.

Today we test drove.

Here's the offer, no negotiation yet...

2020 Limited (23 package)
Moonroof
Nav
Harmon Kardon Audio

Sticker $43,933
Discount -$2533
Tax $2484
Tags/Fees $225
Total $44,109

This will be by far the most money we've spent on a new vehicle, I also know this particular dealership has always just put forth their discount and that's that. It's probably more of a Subaru thing than just the dealership.

I know these things are flying off the lot right now, the latest and greatest. It IS a nice SUV for sure although it's not my taste (doesn't matter though it's not for me right ?)

I plan on researching the best I can and offering a few dealerships my price. Just tell them to the first one to accept gets my business. Maybe a little too cocky but at this point it seems the profit is built right into the invoice.
In any case, I'd like to know how much of a discount anyone was able to manage. They are offering about 5.7% off. I've been able to haggle down to 10% or more on other vehicles.

For some that's a very personal issue and I understand. For others like me I'm usually happy to share if it helps someone else out, not if they are just being nosy.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Q Man. I'll check it out !!!

Hi Zeke, that's only 2,000 more for the next higher trim. Thanks !!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My wife is due for a new vehicle. She has her heart set on an Ascent. We've owned two previous Subaru (95 Impreza Hatch, 97 Outback Wagon) both decent cars.

Today we test drove.

Here's the offer, no negotiation yet...

2020 Limited (23 package)
Moonroof
Nav
Harmon Kardon Audio

Sticker $43,933
Discount -$2533
Tax $2484
Tags/Fees $225
Total $44,109

This will be by far the most money we've spent on a new vehicle, I also know this particular dealership has always just put forth their discount and that's that. It's probably more of a Subaru thing than just the dealership.

I know these things are flying off the lot right now, the latest and greatest. It IS a nice SUV for sure although it's not my taste (doesn't matter though it's not for me right ?)

I plan on researching the best I can and offering a few dealerships my price. Just tell them to the first one to accept gets my business. Maybe a little too cocky but at this point it seems the profit is built right into the invoice.
In any case, I'd like to know how much of a discount anyone was able to manage. They are offering about 5.7% off. I've been able to haggle down to 10% or more on other vehicles.

For some that's a very personal issue and I understand. For others like me I'm usually happy to share if it helps someone else out, not if they are just being nosy.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Joe
Search this site for more comments about VIP Pricing. Check out PHS - if your dealership is on the list - you buy at 2% under Invoice. No haggling necessary. You will need to make a charitable contribution to get that price. Here is just one link: https://www.ascentforums.com/threads/alternative-to-aspca-for-rapid-vip-membership-and-only-60.4995/

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where in PA are you located?

I just placed an order for a Limited 21 package (non-tech) from Steve Moyer Subaru. If you are anywhere remotely close, its worth the savings! Ask for Chris Wesner.

MSRP: $40,355
Sale Price: $35,687
Discount : -$4,668

1 - 6 of 6 Posts