Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've been lurking these forums for a while. I am interested in the Ascent Premium with package 14, but may even consider buying the Touring if the wife likes the Java Brown leather. We are expecting our first little one in October, so I am looking to buy a 3 row SUV in the summer/fall depending on the deal/incentives offered at the time. Like most of you guys, I have narrowed it down to the Ascent, Pilot Elite, and the Atlas SEL Premium 4 Motion. I've driven both the Pilot and Atlas and am hoping the Ascent will impress me enough to lure me away from either of those two. I visited my local dealer this weekend and wanted to post the spec sheet that my dealer provided me - it cleared some questions up for me that i wasn't able to find anywhere else. hope it helps!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome, owing a few Subaru's is what won me over easily from those other two and the fact that my wide compared the others to the Ascent the whole time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to hear your interested in the new Ascent. That's quite a lot of space for just one kid aha. Just a heads up that a lot of new Atlas owners are experiencing some serious mechanical issues, so I'd stay away from that model if I were you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha I know it may be more space than we need for now, but I anticipate my family will grow into it. We also have a large 100lb dog that we bring everywhere. I am also strongly considering the 2010 Acura RDX when it comes out this summer as well for a smaller alternative, but I get more vehicle for the same money with the Ascent. The new RDX is very attractive though.

The biggest negative for the Atlas in my opinion was the driving feel and mpg. It felt floaty if that makes any sense. And gas mileage is relatively bad once you opt for the 6 cylinder.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Never hurts to have more space if you plan to own the car long term because you never know how much you need to haul in the future. If my nephew is any indication, the car will turn into a secondary storage bin for kid things. :D

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts