Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't go into a long story but I ordered a new ascent and told the dealer we could not buy, but now my circumstances have changed and I am able to buy the vehicle and the dealer still has it. Unfortunately, the dealer has used it for test drives and it has 231 miles on it would you buy the vehicle or order a new vehicle if you could get the same vehicle for the same price, I am eligible for vip pricing. Should I be concerned with the 231 miles on it, I plan on purchasing the extended warranty on it. and will the vehicle warranty include the 231 miles on it. what would you do.

·
Registered
107 Posts
People shopping the Ascent are likely going to wonder about the little 2.4L and whether or not it can competently move the vehicle. This, to me, means the probability that the gas pedal met the carpet on the various test drives is high. If it were me I would be asking myself if I could be comfortable buying a new car that was treated this way.

For me, how OCD/overprotective I am with my cars: no. If I had the time I would order a new one and let the original continue on as the test drive mule. Sure, ANY new car could experience this treatment before being sold but at 231 test-driven miles (according to your post), I think the likelihood of being beat on, likely multiple times, is high.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I won't go into a long story but I ordered a new ascent and told the dealer we could not buy, but now my circumstances have changed and I am able to buy the vehicle and the dealer still has it. Unfortunately, the dealer has used it for test drives and it has 231 miles on it would you buy the vehicle or order a new vehicle if you could get the same vehicle for the same price, I am eligible for vip pricing. Should I be concerned with the 231 miles on it, I plan on purchasing the extended warranty on it. and will the vehicle warranty include the 231 miles on it. what would you do.
For me, it would depend on what kind of discount the dealer is willing to offer for what is now a used vehicle. Although it may have been run hard by various test drivers, it might have been used by a salesperson or manager (dealer car) and driven responsibly.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Didn’t it used to be that the first thousand miles were important in “breaking in” a new car...? One reason in buying a new car for some people may be that they control that period ......I don’t know if that applies to new cars and the way they are manufactured in 2018.......Or maybe it was always a “urban myth “ about needing to drive it a certain way to break a car in....I test drive a car differently than I drive my own....:tango_face_surprise
Just sayin.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts