Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I ordered a new Ascent in late June. How long does it take to get a VIN?

I ordered 6/29 and don't have a VIN and I checked this week with my Dealer and nothing yet. What is your estimates delivery?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered a new Ascent in late June. How long does it take to get a VIN?
I ordered a Touring on May 26th. I was told to expect a September/October delivery date. They told me that the special order Touring models would come later. I phoned the dealership yesterday... no Vin yet. Dying on the vine here.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ordered in April and just got my vin last week for a "July" delivery, which got pushed back to Aug

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered my Touring on May 7 and was told to expect delivery in August. However, I don't have a VIN yet, so not sure - maybe the end of August. Hopefully no later than the middle of September?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Ordered in April and just got my vin last week for a "July" delivery, which got pushed back to Aug

I also ordered in April. Looks like we may be on the same Train/Truck :) I also received my VIN (July 23rd) with a July 31st delivery date. Immediately ran down to the dealership the next day (Tuesday) to work out the trade in on my Subaru. I asked him to check the system again while I was there - and overnight it was moved to August 10th :) I'm going to check tomorrow and see if anything has changed again. They (the dealership) showed 1 Ascend a day coming in every day for 5 days (5 cars, 5 trucks - over 5 days). I'm in the Nashville area and you are in Knoxville?? :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I also ordered in April. Looks like we may be on the same Train/Truck :) I also received my VIN (July 23rd) with a July 31st delivery date. Immediately ran down to the dealership the next day (Tuesday) to work out the trade in on my Subaru. I asked him to check the system again while I was there - and overnight it was moved to August 10th :) I'm going to check tomorrow and see if anything has changed again. They (the dealership) showed 1 Ascend a day coming in every day for 5 days (5 cars, 5 trucks - over 5 days). I'm in the Nashville area and you are in Knoxville?? :)

Mine was first week of August last time I called SOA did have a build date of or around 7-25, dealer said that it has been taking about a week from that date so maybe this week. I keep checking dealer site to see if it pops up in transit lol, I am kinda getting nervous about the whole thing, and yes I am in Knoxville.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If I never got an order number from my dealer, Can I call and have SOA pull it up with my name, number etc..

You may be able to its called a VON and will make things super easy when calling SOA. Once your dealer places your order your VON should be created

Reactions: JR325

·
Registered
287 Posts
If I never got an order number from my dealer, Can I call and have SOA pull it up with my name, number etc..
I think its difficult for them to find with only your name and the dealer name. Its very rare to have 2 or more customers having the same name and ordered at the same dealer, but I would ask your dealer for the VON number. If you ordered it should be on your buyers order sheet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts